iTunes 5, Localized with no quicktime...

seapagan

ill try it out again on a new system, been using an already installed system to test on...im not getting an error during install, its when i first run itunes and it asks me to associate which i pick none, and about whether i want it to keep the library up to date, and to goto web store, then after that, it says the cd/dvd burning registry isnt right...but ill try it on a new system.

Thanks canuckerfan, I'll start working on it tomorrow.

Downloaded it, it's same packing as 5.0, so just unrar it and delete the quicktimeinstaller.exe.

I'll post a reduced English-only ver tomorrow.

Any idea what the changes were?

SP

I'll knock out some silent installers as well once you've done you bit, seapagan, if you want??

Thanks rikgale, that would be great :)

I have updated the link on main page to the QT-free, English-only 5.01.

It seems that 'bonjour' is no longer included in this package, so the transform to disable it is not required.

SP

in the itunes pack, what is file.idt?  and what about the cvs folder...that wasnt in the last version?

Gah! the file.idt is the exported file table from the msi that I used to create the cab file, it should have been deleted before I uploaded it. The CVS folder was not in the last version cos I deleted it, but forgot it was there this time. Both can be deleted safely and are not needed for the install. I'll Update the rar and re-upload.

@rikgale:

If you are creating a silent version, could you do the same for that please? ;)

Sorry about that, and thanks for the info evilvoice :)

SP

yeah, I was wondering about the 1mb difference myself. I'll see if I missed anything else there. Still not sure what the difference between 5 and 5.01 is.

Edit : removed the offending file and directory and uploaded. Links in first post are good.

SP

Edited by seapagan

I'm just testing now.

It still seems 1mb bigger than iTunes5.0........??

Will post when/if test is successful.

EDIT

seapagan... any ideas???

post-35375-1127418031_thumb.jpg

It's stopping the install dead cold, any ideas?

EDIT 2

I think that I fixed it... I forgot to remove the transform install command from the install setup. Just testing. :blushing:

It still seems 1mb bigger than iTunes5.0........??

I have not really compared the two, I'm off out tonight so will take a proper look tomorrow.
I think that I fixed it... I forgot to remove the transform install command from the install setup. Just testing.  :blushing:

I hope so! I have never seen that error on installing iTunes, so hope it was just the mst.

SP