XP Home VS XP profesional

ioriamd

Actually, what I didn't know what I was talking about is that I have an XP Pro computer.  This includes card slots USB flash drives, cruizer, transflash, SD, memory sticks, and wifi cards reader/writer.  Included is network slot in addition to the USB slots.  Translation - i can figure who has the immature brain syndrones.

:lol:

You know, I was almost gonna start making fun of you again, as this seems to make less sense than the last. The whole point of this topic was to explain the differences between Windows XP Home and Pro...not a computer it's running on, not your computer, not a bunch of flash drive brands...just the differences with the OS versions. And I'm just gonna leave it like that...although I will say for such a smarty pants, your spelling and grammar really needs some work.

Edited by InTheWayBoy

:}

This is sad...

To answer the original question - to the common user there is no difference between running XP Home and XP Pro. There is a reason why it's called XP Professional - it's meant to be used in a Professional environment. It comes with extra tools that allow administrators to do their jobs a lot easier.

Redcloud... you need to get your facts straight. XP Professional is software. You've described nothing but hardware.

Thazuar - XP Home and XP Pro are both built on the exact same kernel. In terms of stability, there is absolutely no difference between the two.

O.K., I joined this forum back in May because of a boot up problem. It was caused by my not installing a 512 mb DRAM memory card properly (it wasn't fully seated). Unfortunantly, even with all the expertise in this forum, I resolved this by myself. I'm not in the computer business, I'm a Civil Engineer registered in 3 states. Sorry for my ignorance. My point was that the responce was crude and rude, and it was readily apparent that it was immature and from someone in the 25 yr. old range group. I've taken my punishment, this is my last post here. :(

Edited by Redcloud

How about a version for the under 25 crowd....heck lets make it under 15.

Home is just a stripped down, crippled up version of Pro, designed to sell for less money to those who couldn't otherwise afford anything but a pirated version.

It's so crippled in fact that it needs a walker.

The best fix for a screwed up install of Home is an overlay of Pro. That solves a multitude of problems.

Is that easy enough to understand?

Cheers,

:whistle:

Thazuar - XP Home and XP Pro are both built on the exact same kernel. In terms of stability, there is absolutely no difference between the two.

Thanks for specifying, I always wondered cause Home really feels like it's of a lesser quality (not speaking about missing functions, only the "feel" of it). I'll tell the techie who said it was because of different core architecture, that he was wrong :)

My point was that the responce was crude and rude, and it was readily apparent that it was immature and from someone in the 25 yr. old range group. I've taken my punishment, this is my last post here. :(

How about a version for the under 25 crowd....heck lets make it under 15.
I don't really think that it's fair to automatically specify someone's age group based on the type of response you get. I remember on another forum I used to go to, I got a reply from someone calling me a "twit" and other such names... turns out it was a 62 year old man... I'm twenty, and everyone that I asked agreed that I was handling the situation much more maturely than he did.

Sorry to say RedCloud, you started that one with the following...

Actually, XP Professional is not suited for 25 yr. old techies. Science has proven immature brain syndrone. Better stick with XP home for video games.
[/offtopic]

===========

===================================================

===========

Home is just a stripped down, crippled up version of Pro, designed to sell for less money to those who couldn't otherwise afford anything but a pirated version.

It's so crippled in fact that it needs a walker.

The best fix for a screwed up install of Home is an overlay of Pro.  That solves a multitude of problems.

On the contrary... when two different versions of software are released, the more expensive and feature rich versions are often built up on top of the base version. XP is XP. XP Pro is XP with extra features. If you didn't understand that, read it again. Then read it again out loud.

I'll say this once and for all to try to silence the competition (I know it won't work) - XP Home is not "crippled"! For the majority of people out there, it does the job just fine - without any problems that you wouldn't run into by running XP Pro. On my first computer, I had XP Home for the longest time, and the computer was running 24/7 without any problems whatsoever.

I'll tell the techie who said it was because of different core architecture, that he was wrong :)

Im sure he'll appreciate that.

RJ

It always depends on the WAY you say things :yes:

You're welcome. And yes, it all does depend on how you say things. There's always a way of saying (almost) everything so that the other person doesn't become offended.