Software Keyboard Mouse Switch

Tylerpestell

As it stands I have my laptop in my keyboard slide out tray and hooked up to my 15in LCD on my desk. I have a 19in LCD for my desktop computer. Both controled using the same Keyboard/mouse (Microsofts Bluetooth elite something or other). I am using Multiplicity which is a nice program to do this and it suits most my needs but whenever I shut down my main computer I still want to be able to control my laptop with the keyboard and mouse.

I don't want a hardware switch as that would require me to push a button on the switch itself that is not appealing as I go back and forth all the time (right now with mulitiplicity it is a mattter of just moving the mouse to the other screen)

So what I was thinking is having a USB Bluetooth transciever connected to both laptop and desktop and having 2 of the many speacial feature buttons disable and enable the inputs ... so if I press "1" on the keyboard it disables the laptop entries and enables the desktop and if I press "2" it will disable the desktop entries and enable the laptop. It seems like it would be plausable ... the hard part is that you can't completey disable the keyboard and mouse you would still want it to be able to know when to enable the keybaord and mouse.

Any Ideas?

P.S. Controlling 2 computers seemlessy with one keyboard and one mouse is sweet!