Woohoo New Guy (Air Force)

Tylerpestell

Hi ... I am Tyler

I like to do pretty much anything with computers/electronics. I am in the USAF, currently stationed in Ramstein Germany where I maintain/troubleshoot AM Recievers and Transmitters for Air Traffic Control. I like my job because we actually go component level, replacing diodes, capacitors, resistors etc. keeping in mind these radios are from the 60s, I kid you not.

Computers are great ... built my first one about 10years ago ... it caught on fire (I was only 10 and they were spare parts donated to the church) Started off with Bat files .. boy those were great, but I have dabbled in just about everything more of a jack of all trades, from Computer mods to Web Design.

Right now my interest is getting Windows XP Pro SP2 as small as possible ... SO I JOINED!!! Wooohooo. (I usually just installed it and then got rid of all the excess, then just made an image of the C:\ since I have the OS on one parition and all my files on the other and just redirect things like the desktop to the D:\ etc.)

Well, anyways hope I can help out with questions on here ... work has been getting slow ... I mean ... HOW many emails can you check in one day??

Oh I haven't used nLite yet ... just found out about it 4days ago so that is why I mainly joined this forum. I had always just used the trial and error method for changing windows. I want to learn as much as I can about windows ... before I get bored with it. I have started WAY more projects than I have completed.