Fable The Lost Chapters

Lagamorph

But, if it gets terminated without an error message, it suddenly disappears,

please check your video card driver settings. This problem can be caused by an unstable GPU OC. If OC'ing your video card, try again after lowering the core clock.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

• 1 month later...

For what it is worth after all this time, I found that by going to the game folder (data\video) and changing the Video folder from Video to Video1 I can get the game to run flawlessly. Obviously it is the installed codecs that are interfering with the running of the game. This is not a big deal, because the movies suck anyway.

DxDiag.txt

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who are using dual-core processors and experiencing random crashes, try changing your core affinity. You can do this by opening the game, then sometime between the opening scene and the main menu press Ctrl+Alt+Del. Click on the processes tab on the task manager and find Fable.exe, right click on it and go to "Set Affinity", then uncheck CPU 1. This should stop the random crashing, or at least make it less frequent.<you'll have to do this every time you run the game>

Now i can play the game for hours, but once i get so far in it i seem to have trouble with corrupt save files. At least i think thats the problem. once i've saved my game a bunch of times it wants to freeze or crash everytime i have to load a new area or try to save. The odd part is that it only does on one of my profiles, if i start a new game it runs without a hitch. But once i load the other one again it has the same problems it did before. i know some other people were having trouble with autosaves and loading and such, try starting a new game and see if you get the same results i do.

im stumpt...but yeah, lemme no how the affinity thing goes. it works wonderfully on my machine, but i haven't seen it done on anyone elses yet.

Edited by squeamish

• 8 months later...

:realmad: I just bought this game because I thought it looked interesting. I installed it and I started it and I only got as far as the introductory portion of the story. After that my screen went blank and the game stopped responding. I know I have the min. specs on my system to play the game. I don't have a screen saver and I don't have anything running in the background. I disabled all that thinking that was the problem. My refresh rate is 60 Hz. I even lowered the in-game resolution. I still don't get past the second screen of the story in albion. I tried to check my event viewer but I don't think I have one. My husband built this computer for me. This is what I have on my system:

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition( 5.1, Build 2600)

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz

Memory:1024 MB RAM

Directx 9.0c

111GB Hard Drive with 76.0 GB free

If anyone can be of any assistance to me, please help. Thanks. :(

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 3 problems with the game. first off here are my specs.

OS Winxp x86

amd 64x2 3800+

2 otz ddr2 1024MB

Mainboard nforce4

Video eVGA 7600 GT 256MB DDR3

All of the drivers are up to date i refreshed the system.

updated motherboard, video, snd Drivers

and the game ran fine up untill the critical updates were installed.

now the game exits out when i move from one area to another. or the application hangs. when i go into another area 5 video seconds go into a loop.

so i did a msconfig selected startup dropped win, sys, and startup, and services dropped all excess services, except microsoft svcs. and the problem stops for 2 hours then comes back.

this is the event info that was logged.

Fault bucket 224174007.

0000: 6b637542 203a7465 31343232 30303437

0010: 0a0d37

all of the other problems do not show any application errors. or evts. can you give me any clues..??