Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 Is Out

boooggy

Mozilla Firefox project (formerly Firebird, which was formerly Phoenix) is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component, written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform.

It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block pop-up windows.

Features of Mozilla Firefox:

· comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;

· a tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;

· integrated search (powered by Google);

· industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;

· simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;

· a streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;

· a large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Brow...fox-Final.shtml

1. It's an RC. Some bugs will be fixed for tomorrow, the official beta. I recommend waiting a weeeee bit longer. :)

2. The menu's are fugly due to this bug. I'm a lot less Firefox-principles-enthusiast because of the arrogance this patch was checked in. Time to check out Opera.

Oh, and Feedview was checked out due to too many bugs, in case you're wondering. :P

Edited by Nanaki

1. It's an RC. Some bugs will be fixed for tomorrow, the official beta. I recommend waiting a weeeee bit longer. :)

That's right. Better wait a few hours.

Many people already know this but other many don't so here you are:

Beta 2 is scheduled for october.