PROB | nLite + Win Server 2003: Driver Signing Policy pop-ups

djtech2k

I just updated my 2003 unattend/sysprep to include SP1 slipstreamed. Since I did this, now when I begin the sysprep process, along the way it starts prompting me to approve unsigned drivers. These drivers are apparently being enumerated and it prompts me several times and proceeds to go down the list of drivers. I did not originally change anything fromt he original build. Could this be a SP1 thing?

Anyway, I have done several things to the winnt.sif and sysprep.inf, aloing with adjusting the security template with no success.

Thanks,

DJ

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

• 2 months later...

Hey DJ--

Did you ever get it figured out?

I started using nLite yesterday. Got my unattend build working great. But when I run sysprep, I get prompted with the unsigned driver dialog for what appears to be every PnP driver that Windows knows about.

If I build a box with the original 2003 CD this doesn't happen. It must be related to my customizations or nLite.

Windows Server 2003 X64 Standard

nLite RC1

• 11 months later...

Hey Nuhi--if you're listening....

It seems that RC8 didn't have the trouble with sysprep and driver signing.

Yesterday (a year since the previous post) I updated to 1.2.1 and the issue is back.

Mind you, I've only used nLite for x64 versions of Windows Server 2003, so I don't know if this is an issue with XP.

This could stem from another issue that I noticed with 1.2.1. When integrating a text mode driver, the hardware IDs were not inserted into txtsetup.sif. This was for a Dell PERC 5i. We inserted three lines manually. Maybe that caused the driver signing to fail?

I know this is an nLite issue (maybe a user issue) because installing 2003 Standard from the network (using winnt.exe) causes no issues with sysprep and driving signing. (I shouldn't have to disable driving signing when the drivers are signed.)

Any thoughts?