Welcome screen win xp profesional

Gagira

The welcome screen does not appear on my computer even though I have turned on the welcome screen, instead it shows the classics veiw and the background is black, the computer has been upgraded form windows 98. Please help

maybe you have a netware protocol installed. When you have those protocols installed, the welcome screen is automaticaly disabled. Check your the settings on your network connection.

EDIT: i think is netware protocol, by default windows xp install, TCP/IP, QoS, file and printer sharing and client for microsoft networks.

Edited by sk3

I have uninstall netware, before i couldn't even choose the option (welcome screen) and checked nearly every where, which has any info on connections. HELP and the link sent by Kara or whoever doesn't work :(

Edited by Gagira

When I was installing it on 93% there was an error reading the disc but i chose t o skip the file :no: ,Then for a long time I wondered wheter it was that the on thurday I downloaded and installed this program which you could costomize windows with and I chose the welcome screen (The box was already ticked), and now it works, but the only problem is the program is only a trial and will delete in 30 days so I can't find a way to do it without the program. Switch user doesn't work instead a screen comes up saing the computer locked and you need to type in your password. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Edited by Gagira