MSCE

FthrJACK

Has anyone here done this qualification... im just wondering on how they found it, in spetember im thinking of doing an MCE course and maybe later bump it to MCSE. Unless someone changes my mind.. then i might just go for the MSCE depending...

Hey yeh I am doing MCSE atm, i am MCSA atm but just got two more exams to do for MCSE then onto MCDBA and CCNA.

Theres no such thing as MCE. MCP i think you mean, MCE is an OS :)

Its really easy imo, done all of the exams so far in less than 30mins out of the 3hours/5hours allowed :rolleyes:

i can get the books cheap, theres also the internet :rolleyes:

thanks for the advice ill have a look into it, im sure its MCE.. but.. ill take your word for it CH.

and then again.. it all depends on what my college starts to do, they only just got certified for doing MS qualifications. i went to my first class for win2k server admin today. it was pretty good.. went over a lot of stuff about networks, nbtstat, net use, SAM files etc... something ive looked into before for more nefarious use :)

congrats on the qualifications CreamHackered.... your where i want to be right now. hope you get where you want with it, after all you must have paid a fair bit of time, effort and cash to get there, ive heard of other people getting to that level and still struggling to find work, because small companies dont want to pay the wage it demands... sux imo.

im doing it for myself though, if i get a job out of it then great. if i dont then i still have my certificates :D

i can get the books cheap, theres also the internet :rolleyes:

thanks for the advice ill have a look into it, im sure its MCE.. but.. ill take your word for it CH.

and then again.. it all depends on what my college starts to do, they only just got certified for doing MS qualifications. i went to my first class for win2k server admin today. it was pretty good.. went over a lot of stuff about networks, nbtstat, net use, SAM files etc... something ive looked into before for more nefarious use  :)

congrats on the qualifications CreamHackered.... your where i want to be right now. hope you get where you want with it, after all you must have paid a fair bit of time, effort and cash to get there, ive heard of other people getting to that level and still struggling to find work, because small companies dont want to pay the wage it demands... sux imo.

im doing it for myself though, if i get a job out of it then great. if i dont then i still have my certificates  :D

well.. i know a lot of dudes running there own business here and are now running successful pc businesses and employing staff.. its funny wat a few certs do :D

Where do you take these exams? Is is available online? I mean do you have to go to a centre? Can you do this self-study?

I debated doing this last year, but I was a bit busy. Now I am considering it again.. but I live in Japan.. any ideas?

How long does it take to get these certifications?

Thanks

you can sit them when u want at an accredited dealer.. and how long depends on the course.. some could have 10 or more exams to sit or as little as a couple exams.. self study and sit it or goto http://www.cramsession.com for study that costs but if u don't pass the exam after buying and studying there cram guides, they give ur money back :)

check with local colleges and universities boogs, i expect one near you will do it. they have everything good in your part of the world.

smart phones, gadgets, ping pong girls.. :rolleyes::)

But yeah i think you can do the course online too, id recommend doing it at a college or someplace though if you can.

I will check into this in the coming weeks. I hope there is a testing centre nearby, as it will help me out majorly. I might also inquire to a few universities about it. Thanks for the info. 10 tests... sounds like boot camp, :)

If you can do MCDBA, I haven't sat the exams yet planning to within a couple or two so I will let ya know how they are but they determine whether you know your s**t or not. And companies like people who can admin SQL, especially in the UK :)