A Folder creating Problem

The Rock

Yesterday I worked with inaccessible disk - boot from my system disk and WinXP installation CD was not possibly with this disk. I plug this HDD to PCI IDE controller CMD 649 and in startup screen i watch that It is determined as 14Gb ( in real - 120Gb) - boot was not possibly too. I plug it to IEEE1394/USB2.0 external enclosure and do quick format from WindowsXP`s disk properties. After this i successfully restore files on this HDD with GetDataBack for NTFS 2.31

Chances are you have bad clusters, the more you try to access the more the bad clusters you may get, i had this problem, and i am hoping your file system is ntfs (better chances of recovery), use getbackdata for ntfs to recover your files while you still can. Seagate should have some tools as well..

Else you could also try reading the hdd by hooking it up to another PC

Thanks people, i am opting for copying all the data except the problem folder on another partition and Formatting the drive. Does formatting a partition quarantines or place the bad sectors in a inaccessible "place" of the harddisk.

The Rock

Hey People,

I got the solution to it myself, when instead of just Hanging, came a BSOD as well.

The problem it said was with a file named idechndr.sys. From IDE i could make out it was a hard disk driver causing the thing. so i uninstalled evrything related to the Disk, google and found Intel Application Accelerator makes this file and had many people format their PCs. so i uninstalled it and now everything is working absolutely fine.

But the question is, is it worth Installing again, The Intel Applicaton Software?Are the performance gains noticiable? I have the latest one. the problem started when I started using LongHorn transformation Pack.

Thanks,

The Rock

Edited by The Rock