XMLInst Beta

PryGuy

UPDATED!

The new version 0.2 has the countdown progress bar until the installation starts automatically and the progress bar that appears during the installation process.

Hello!

I have decided to post my tool I decided to call XMLInst. Stay tuned for source code, mates! :) Oh yeah, it loves CDs or DVDs labeled "WXPFPP_EN". Have fun!

Grab it from Rapidshare or from Sendspace!

Yet, I have to say that the FindCD script is used in my program. Thanks to the authors!

P.S. And for more information please read the bonedaddy's post on page 2. Thanks, mate! :)

Edited by PryGuy

Yep

Click on the browse button to insert it, then click the Add this attachment button. Then Add reply to post.

Yeah, that's what I do, but it says:
The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.
and the file is 183Kb for God's sake and I have almost 5Mb of Global space!!! Edited by PryGuy

Yes, I was thinking about it as well, but I have more important things to do for the next release (as I think).

In the version 0.3 you'll see:

- A timeout progress bar before the installation will automatically start

- New interface that looks alot like the installshield or nullsoft installer (in Winamp for instance, where you can choose components to install)

- A progress bar that shows up during the installation process...

The first and the third things are done, I'm now working with the new UI. Will release the new beta soon so stay tuned! :)

Edited by PryGuy

• 2 weeks later...

I asked PryGuy if I could post this, it's just to help those like myself, he had to

PM me so I could get it to work, so this may help someone.......at this time he is

very busy but will post something more professional later........

Ok I put both xmlinst.exe and xmlinst.xml in a folder called XMLinst and put

it in XPcd\$OEM$\$1\XMLinst, then put it in my cleanup for deletion...

In my winnt.sif under [GuiRunOnceEx]I put    %systemdrive%\xmlinst\xmlinst.exe

There is a lot that is preset in the xmlinst.exe, one being where you put your software......

xpcd\software\xxxx  just that simple, but what is inside that folder is what's interesting....

1. the software and

2. a batch file that is named and only named setup.cmd

in the setup.cmd all that is needed is the file name and working switch. the cmd is      made silent by the program......

so I opened notepad and made an empty setup.cmd and then copied it into all the    folders in the

software dir.

examples, each in it's own setup.cmd

1. for XPize 4.0 Lite I used this;  start /wait  xpize40l\xpize40l.exe /S /norestore

2. for Bitdefender 8free I used;  start /wait    bitdef8\bdfree.msi /qb REBOOT=Suppress SCAN=0 UPDATE=0 ICON=0

3. for ATI Multi Media I used;  start /wait      atimmc90858\setup.exe -s -f1"%cdrom%\software\atimmc90858\setup.iss"

There is nothing else in those setup.cmd's

each of the above setup.cmd's are in the folder with its software.......

software\

xpize40l\

xpize40l.exe

setup.cmd         

as far as the xml goes just edit as so......

<Property>

<Name>Adobe Photoshop CS</Name>.........this name appears in the Gui next to the check box

<Path>PhotoshopCS</Path>.........simply is the name of the folder that the software is in

<Check>1</Check>............a default, if you use 1, when the Gui opens that item is checked, 0 it is not checked

<Hide>0</Hide>........if  you use 0 then the item will show when the Gui opens,

</Property>  .......................... 1 it will not show, but will install if <check> is 1

hope this helps someone.............

BD

Edited by bonedaddy

• 2 weeks later...