XPize 4.0 MCE RC

XPero

Hi XPero, great job :D

but i got an error while installing my windows server 2003 sp1 trial.

It said shell32.dll is not a ms file (sth like that).First it didnt et copied, when i said try again, it was copied.... :(

I used 4,0 MCE RC, integrated to source. Is there anyone had sth like this?

@larciel: the dll causing that error was already patched by the old version.

You don't need to start over with a new install unless you want to get rid of the old version (but I think that is what you really want, isn't it?).

If it is not, replace the dll causing the error with the original one. (I can't remember his name, but you cand find it on this forum).

B)

Edited by sadicq

Need feedback. Do you think I am able to fix the issue with so little info (none) ?

1 of the dll's is ntdll.dll

2 is shlwapi.dlll

the switches dont work for me either

Edited by XPero

1 of the dll's is ntdll.dll

2 is shlwapi.dlll

the switches dont work for me either

Try uninstalling this files. Are the crashes gone?

About the switches, let me know what the exact command you used. I will reproduce it in my computer.

K lets start fresh...

Try uninstalling this files. Are the crashes gone?

Yes i replaced those files and the crashes where gone.

As for the switches :

XPize.exe /S /norestore /noboot /nologon /noscreen /nowall /notask

norestore = working

noboot = working

nologon = working

noscreen = working

notask working

nowall = dont work

After this i have still the wallpaper, but the taskbar is still windows default, and also are the icons.

Hola XPero. :)

I'm using XPize 4.0 MCE RC lite version on WinXP SP2 spanish. When I set CHKDSK to be run on the next boot, the standard sky blue backgroud screen with the tool running does not appear, only the XPize boot logo is displayed. CHKDSK it's working anyway because I see HD activity, but I can't see what it's doing.

Edited by Fox Mulder

As for the switches :

XPize.exe /S /norestore /noboot /nologon /noscreen /nowall /notask

norestore = working

noboot = working

nologon = working

noscreen = working

notask working

nowall = dont work

After this i have still the wallpaper, but the taskbar is still windows default, and also are the icons.

Selecting the VS will also install the wallpaper, thats the reason. I did it that way from the beginning, but maybe it is time to change that.

but the taskbar is still windows default, and also are the icons.

About the taskbar, are you referring to the VS not installing properly? this bug will be fixed in final. About the icons, I dont understand what you mean.

Hola XPero. :)

I'm using XPize 4.0 MCE RC lite version on WinXP SP2 spanish. When I set CHKDSK to be run on the next boot, the standard sky blue backgroud screen with the tool running does not appear, only the XPize boot logo is displayed. CHKDSK it's working anyway because I see the HD activity, but I can't see what it's doing.

Hola Fox Mulder. Thats happen because the boot.ini is set to /noguiboot /bootlogo. If you want to see boot messages, you will have to uninstall XPize boot screen.

Cant you just remove the /noguiboot /bootlogo from the boot.ini ?

I tried and that was no problem

(for those who try...becarefull you dont want to mess up your boot.ini)

And

but the taskbar is still windows default, and also are the icons

Only if i make a change in my winnt.sif

[Shell]
     CustomDefaultThemeFile="%windir%\Resources\Themes\xxxx.theme"
     DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

Then it does change,xpize does not ( here )

Edited by muiz

Hola Fox Mulder. Thats happen because the boot.ini is set to /noguiboot /bootlogo. If you want to see boot messages, you will have to uninstall XPize boot screen.

Thank you. And because without those switches there will be no custom logo right?

For those interested in Boot.INI Options Reference

http://www.sysinternals.com/Information/bootini.html

First time user... Nicely done. Everything installed fine for me, with only two problems:

First, the "new" Luna visual style also did not install properly on my machine. What I think is strange is that XPize worked correctly because the "Standard" Luna msstyle file is in the Backup directory, and the shell folder and shellstyle for Royale was installed (is in the Luna\Shell directroy).

Second, is one that most people may not have seen. The new boot screen installed and works fine. However, something went wrong with my machine (problem NOT connected to XPize), and I had to reboot my machine. When the boot screen showed, it seemed to stay up there for a lot longer than usual. What I then realized was that Windows Scandisk was working in the background, but the new boot screen did not switch to the Scandisk window. In another minute or so (when Scandisk finished), the boot screen depared and the machine continued to enter Windows normally. For evident reasons, I like to see the Scandisk window during the checking process - Therefore, I ran the restore.cmd file, and will stick with the "regular" boot screen until this problem is "hopefully" fixed.

Once again, nice work.