Sata - Nlite - Kaboom

ok, I've spend 6 hours farting around with this and am about ready to go postal on the nearest MS office.

I have

XP SP 2 Volume License

I copy the contents of the cd on to my hard drive, load up nlite, point it at that, click on integrate drivers, point to my floppy that has the intel sata drivers (works fine in F6 mode), Nlite pops up advising me that I should let it do unattend as well, I say yes, no problem. it does it's little thing, pops out a new directory structure.

I copy this to my build share (I use it for testing), boot up from dos on target machine, map a drive to the build share, run smartdrv, winnt.exe, let it copy it's files across, reboot and then converts the drive to NTFS from FAT32, at this point, it pops up going - can't find iastor.sys.

wtf am I doing wrong ?

the drivers are in i386\nldrv. so they get copied up and compressed.

Thanks in advance, cause I'm going nuts.

When selecting the drivers on the floppy, does Nlite ask you if it is a text mode driver ?

If not that could be your problem, in which case find out if there is a TXTSETUP.OEM file on the floppy.. If it does, then check that iastor.sys is also in the I386 dir as well as the I386/NLDRV. It seems that RAID/SATA drivers need to have the core file in the root as well as in NLDRV, otherwise they will not work and will come up with that error.