Thauzar

Ok I know this usually happens around new years eve, but in computer electronics new 2006 programs happen everyday. So here is a place for you to share what's new, what's coming. just to build a little hype.

First, wel all know what OS is coming in 2006...

Office 12 is preparing

Symantec released AV10 this summer, Norton and Systemworks 2006 should be on their way if they are not already there.

What else? I'd like to know what new program version 2006 you are waiting for!

Apple using Intel x86 processors

x86 compatible Mac OS X

I think I heard that Apple struck a deal with motorola to supply PPC processors for a further 3 years. Although the contract doesn't say that they have to keep buying PPC for the next three years it just means that they have to keep buying them until their current orders are completed. So although there's a chance we might see Macs on the x86 platform in 2006, it will probably be 2007 or maybe even 2008 at the latest. It will be a simple transition thought because OSX natively supports both x86 and PPC and do a lot of software companys like Adobe. Things could turn complicated however, when Intel starts pushing 64-bit.

not really interested in what new software will be coming out in 06, but i am very interested to see the new AMD chips and how much more they are going to outperform Intel. It will also be interesting to see what ATI and Nvidia can come up with now that PCI-E 2 is on the near horizon.

Let's hope for a stable and bug free OS from Microsoft! :P

We all have our dreams lol

No one will ever see a bug free os, all OS's will have bugs

Anyway hopefully Vista will be very good, in security and speed and i hope it looks good :P

I cant wait for Nero 7 if its not released this year

Edited by matt5108