Do you use Windows Paint?

Press any key

Have you used Windows Paint in the last 12 Months  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Windows Paint in the last 12 Months

• Yes
    • No
    • What's Paint

I used paint for drawing diagrams in a lot of projects and my friends used to be amazed at it. And also I use it for quick screenies or some quick edits. Other times I just turn on Picasa if i need to mod some pics from my dslr.

• 2 weeks later...

I always use it to save screenshots as BMP then edit

that with Photoshop. paint saves JPG as a lower quality

image but it is a quick and simple way to take a screenie!

You have to press print Screen and once Paint is open Ctrl+V of course :D

• 1 month later...

That paint painting is awesome! I cant believe I missed that before. I would however in my next nLite install get rid of the regular MS PAint and install the Paint.NET application. Looks to me like its quite bada**!

I use paint primarilly to convert one image format into another. And example would be a 1024x768x24 uncompressed BMP into a JPeg file. The bmp takes 2.25MB, The Jpec is 100-400K depending on the picture. It's also useful when downgrading the colors from 8 bit to 4 bit. But, if I need to do some serious graphics, then I go through the wait and fire up my CorelDRAW 12. Does the same as Photoshop, and the price tag is much much less.

• 6 months later...

i use paint, its simple and it does what i need. i do a lot of simple graphics for my dads controls jobs. mainly, i draw floorplans. with photoshop, its hard to do that cuz the line tool works a lot differently. plus the layers is annoying for me >_< i want it all on one layer, PSP9 and Paint have their respective places.