Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

gdogg

[How-to] MicrowinX Project

Hey guys.

Not sure how the project is going (without me) . Just wondering if I should renew microinwx.com, anyone interested in updating the site? Spazmire11 want to use the site? I just don't think I'll ever have time again.

Updated my signature to give everyone an idea why I just don't have time anymore.

Edited by gdogg

I would be honored to update the site :) Maybe redesigning it too, if you want..

I didnt understand though.. if you dont have the time for mX or for the web :)

anyway, we'll talk on msn ..

Can you upload the latest files? I would like to try this for the HTPC computer. Thanks.

Hi gdogg, I do follow microwin for some time now, hoping to see a new release. It just would be great if you would release a last/updated version. Just a hand full of the most important fixe's from version 2,5 to 3 would be nice.

Nice forum you have there. I put it in my favorites. Did see usefull stuf there :rolleyes:

Hey guys.

Not sure how the project is going (without me) . Just wondering if I should renew microinwx.com, anyone interested in updating the site? Spazmire11 want to use the site? I just don't think I'll ever have time again.

Updated my signature to give everyone an idea why I just don't have time anymore.

I have a question about this:

Well I do have a XP/Mandriva Linux-Dual-Boot

since I only use my XP for games I made several tweaks so that XP can use the hardware ressources mainly for OSes like switching to Win2k style, low desktop resolution, kill services and so on...

would MicrowinX be a good gaming OS?

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1,86/2GB Ram/ATI Radeon X1650 Pro2 (256MB)

yes silver sonic, microwinx is a good os for the games that are compatible, which should be all of them

as far as the future of this project goes:

i would like to see a sp3 realease for microwinx.

so provided comunity support, i will begin work on that once service pack three gets released retail.

as for the website, i think it would be a great idea to keep it around, probably revamp it for a more recent look/integration with various other usefull stuffs.

anyone looking to help out should post here or in the forums, microwinx.fourumup.us

I'm anxious to give this a try! I'm going to get to work on nLite in just a few minutes.

gdogg, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't going to have time to devote to this project anymore.

I am sorry... I'm just new in this topic.

What's MicrowinX Project? A portable WinXP?

No it is a ultra small, ultra fast, ultra secure xp.

Excellent, i thought this project was dead, happy to see i was wrong.

I visited microwinx.fourumup.us, thks spazmire11 for keeping it alive. the forum is full of spam though, needs cleaning.

Looking foward for a sp3 compatible version of microwinX.

Damm i'm happy to see that good things seem to survive even against all odds [bold fortune's site is back too :-) ]