[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

minlogon is the only solution i know everyone can get access to

you'd have to get a special winlogon or make one otherwise

delayed release date is due to stuff in my life, and private testing is a must so I have many solutions ready for most of the questions I will be asked

gotta love how easily msfn threads get google listings :D

i was out yesterday, thats why i didn't respond, but after my head ache and feeling nausious all night, i wish i stayed home

i watched gangster 1 @ my friends, i feel so sick right now still

Edited by gdogg

minlogon is the only solution i know everyone can get access to

you'd have to get a special winlogon or make one otherwise

delayed release date is due to stuff in my life, and private testing is a must so I have many solutions ready for most of the questions I will be asked

gotta love how easily msfn threads get google listings :D

i was out yesterday, thats why i didn't respond, but after my head ache and feeling nausious all night, i wish i stayed home

i watched gangster 1 @ my friends, i feel so sick right now still

What problem are you having in the first place?

minlogon is needed cause of certain files removed

im not the type of person who goes and sits there for hours typing right now, I do, do it, but its not what im doing right now, thats why i gave myself lots of time, to do things in steps, i need to do my own testing too still

certain programs i want, lots of lines to type, other alternate projects, im busy, doing lots of myself, playing games, hanging out with friends, sleeping, (no long nights lol)

anyway, it will be released, it will be very good, and it should be worth all of its, weak points , from improved security :D

oh and I since got 2 MB less memory usage

I think before i decided to share this wonderful thing with the world

I should finish what I started

I think a new shell, will allow this project to boot without RPC

currently , without a cd-rom disk in the drive, this windows is taking, 9 seconds to boot, from select windows screen, til firewall is finished loading, 15 seonds when cd-rom disk is in the drive

51.6MB memory usage @ startup

hopefully I will be 50> soon

Edited by gdogg

real world running tests, thats why

windows xp before doing what ive done to it, with the same firewall and drivers, used 135MB ram

I will be testing this windows without a firewall soon, to see if its capable of doing such a thing without being hacked, in 40 minutes, like a normal non-firewalled windows xp

Edited by gdogg

ill be bringing in lots of options,

its not gonna be, this and that, eventually, you can add back anything you like, to an extent, and keep virus immunity,

its goonna be alot of work, to make it easy for everyone :D

heh, virus immunity, read first post

anyway, this project might not be perfect

but it does what it promises to

and in imho , virus immunity is the most important things for a computer

Edited by gdogg

actually didn't you read yet, ive tested with 300 virus

i was even able to to try one that killed nod32 2.5 AV , so it wouldn't work anymore just from executing a .exe in my other windows

honestly, when your stuff is installed, and you dont change your software contstantly, this windows would be for you

virus immunity, is 100% so far from my testing

and about , and anyway, if you install a game in your other windows, its very easy to run it in this windows, making it perfect

and yes, i think virus immunity vs installing programs easily, virus immunity outwieghts the later

Sounds very promising, It would be very good if you didnt need a firewall as well.:)

I dont really change my software much, so to not worry about having to do virus scans and a firewall that bogs down the system would be a godsend. Have you tried lots of different spyware ?

Edited by blinkerz

using firefox, the only spyware that gets me , is cookies, if I knew howto setup firefox better, i wouldn't see any spyware

but as most spyware installs under its own \Program Files Directory

or \Windows , and files needed to execute spyware, isn't there, it cant execute

Edited by gdogg

ive been trying a thing to shrink .dll s

its so easy to use

resource hacker

ive gotten shell32.dll down to 5.4 MB without losing any used icons by me

had it @ 3.0MB but, that was really funny, everything except programs I installed had see through icons

Edited by gdogg