[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

Hey guys.

Not sure how the project is going (without me) . Just wondering if I should renew microinwx.com, anyone interested in updating the site? Spazmire11 want to use the site? I just don't think I'll ever have time again.

Updated my signature to give everyone an idea why I just don't have time anymore.

Edited by gdogg

Hi gdogg, I do follow microwin for some time now, hoping to see a new release. It just would be great if you would release a last/updated version. Just a hand full of the most important fixe's from version 2,5 to 3 would be nice.

Nice forum you have there. I put it in my favorites. Did see usefull stuf there :rolleyes:

Hey guys.

Not sure how the project is going (without me) . Just wondering if I should renew microinwx.com, anyone interested in updating the site? Spazmire11 want to use the site? I just don't think I'll ever have time again.

Updated my signature to give everyone an idea why I just don't have time anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about this:

Well I do have a XP/Mandriva Linux-Dual-Boot

since I only use my XP for games I made several tweaks so that XP can use the hardware ressources mainly for OSes like switching to Win2k style, low desktop resolution, kill services and so on...

would MicrowinX be a good gaming OS?

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1,86/2GB Ram/ATI Radeon X1650 Pro2 (256MB)

• 2 weeks later...

yes silver sonic, microwinx is a good os for the games that are compatible, which should be all of them

as far as the future of this project goes:

i would like to see a sp3 realease for microwinx.

so provided comunity support, i will begin work on that once service pack three gets released retail.

as for the website, i think it would be a great idea to keep it around, probably revamp it for a more recent look/integration with various other usefull stuffs.

anyone looking to help out should post here or in the forums, microwinx.fourumup.us

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Excellent, i thought this project was dead, happy to see i was wrong.

I visited microwinx.fourumup.us, thks spazmire11 for keeping it alive. the forum is full of spam though, needs cleaning.

Looking foward for a sp3 compatible version of microwinX.

Damm i'm happy to see that good things seem to survive even against all odds [bold fortune's site is back too :-) ]