[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

• 4 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
Great reward for those who wait! :-)

Sorry I am just too busy to work on microwinX most of the time. I have a job now working from home, helping others more then I ever have.

I am trying to get out the next microwinX 32bit and microwinX x64 but these builds are taking more time then I have expected due to being extremely busy. I am now working for a memory "ram" manufacturer to support their customers, but I don't want to sounds like I am marketing something, so lets leave it at that.

Who knows, one day I'll help support you with a hardware issue your having. But when I am not working, I'll try to complete the x64 build first then the new 32bit build, which some of you have been waiting for.

Edited by gdogg

• 2 weeks later...
gdogg I would have helped on your project but I couldnt download it or unzipp I cant remember. A lot of people are still interested.

I agree! I had broadband for at least 4 months, back on May 17, I finally was able to say goodbye to POTS!

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Hey guys, download link I think will stay removed, I have lost beta 2.5 in my last raid crash. I'll have to remake it, which is what the next 32bit will be about.

Busy with work, so I have no ETA on when this will be.

Good to hear from you again gdogg. Its been a while. Any plans for a 2k version?

Ya, that will be 32bit version, it won't loose compatible with 2k, from what i've seen, 2k might actually require more files, (or rather, different files)

I'll have to do more testing though.

My focus is more on x64 atm, as this is where the future is with the trend of new games and high memory usage, (x64 is needed for 4GB of ram)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hmmm only about a month late(my bad actually its two and a few days.....), but here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/78225233/mwx_beta_3.0.cab.html

the current progress that i achieved on microwinx o so long ago, this pack "should" work with win2k and 2k3 and might have a chance on 64bit but i cannot be sure to be honest

i have never tested this pack myself, so if any problems come up just yell about them here or in the microwinx forums

this pack still has the passwords on the archives, so far as my belief they do not hinder anyone from accessing the data in the install archives, just make it a little harder, i do not intend to remove them since i have heard gdogg is creating a totally new source

but if he/people think this base still has life in it then i may consider rebuilding it in a more streamlined fashion

Edited by spazmire11

hmmm only about a month late(my bad actually its two and a few days.....), but here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/78225233/mwx_beta_3.0.cab.html

the current progress that i achieved on microwinx o so long ago, this pack "should" work with win2k and 2k3 and might have a chance on 64bit but i cannot be sure to be honest

i have never tested this pack myself, so if any problems come up just yell about them here or in the microwinx forums

this pack still has the passwords on the archives, so far as my belief they do not hinder anyone from accessing the data in the install archives, just make it a little harder, i do not intend to remove them since i have heard gdogg is creating a totally new source

but if he/people think this base still has life in it then i may consider rebuilding it in a more streamlined fashion

i do :) i would love to start a MicrowinX cd :)

i am building a htpc computer. i would like to try this one. did you use the same last_session.ini for version 2.5? thanks.