[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

the goal, has been mentioned many times.

the goal is different than xpge, because, it just is, rls's of both of our projects will show this.

I got the flu right now, and I am not gonna think as much to try to explain it.

Edited by gdogg

:D Who cares if 10 guys make a mini xp we all benefit in the end and beta testing demands are silly.reguardless who gets first crack at a beta all will tickle on the net soon enuff.Theres countless isos outthere for tiny xps etc.the point is it what u need smaller means less resources and less services.one must decide if losing ie or mp etc is for them,where if u just want the guts of xp in order to game frag and kill then microwinx is right up your ally.So dont delay getyour copy today a gdogg production with less bugs than vista. Edited by timeless

thanks for the support timeless.

wmp 9 currently works under microwinX

I dont know if IE I will bother with heh.

but, steam will work, even w/o IE core, :)

Edited by gdogg

Theres countless isos outthere for tiny xps etc.the point is it what u need smaller means less resources and less services.one must decide if losing ie or mp etc is for them,where if u just want the guts of xp in order to game frag and kill then microwinx is right up your ally.

Would you mind naming some of these? The only thing that I have only heard of are nLite, BartPE, and UBCD4Win. I am interested in a version of XP that will be very small and install & run off of the hard drive.

Thanks,

-John

I figure timeless will get to this, too but.

torrent sites are full of lite versions of windows xp, mostly, which use nlite to shrink them.

also, some use unattended $oem$ method to preinstall software.

also, it doesn't end there, the number of modded versions of xp, is in the 1000's

just check out this part of http://www.osbetaarchive.com/index.php?showforum=23

osbetarchive.

Edited by gdogg

currently no microsoft office programs work in a microwinx instalation, i do not think this will ever be supported due to the large amount of bloat support for thos would add but there is a chance they could be supported in the future.

unfortunatly i have never heard of your other two programs a trial download would suffice for me to test it under microwinx if that is possible otherwise you will find out when the public beta is realesed

currently the beta addon pack is scheduald for the end of this month

if testing turns out good and very few bugs are found the will most likely be correctted and the public realeas made in the first week of april i belive

yah, microwinX isn't really for the office anyway, as you have to follow the terms of nlite .

basically, b4 using anywhere but for your own personal use, you need to ask nuhi for permission (as per terms ...)

anyway, nlite rocks, and microwinX will remain an addon pack to nlite.

so dont expect that to change.

Edited by gdogg

windows xp embedded is still windows xp. even though with xpe might not be accurate with file sizes til testing.

but if your gonna use xpe, its not gonna be as user friendly as a addon pack.

Edited by gdogg