[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

No 7-zip,ProtoWall,AntiVir PE and KPF 4 support in b2.5? :(

AntiVir uses the least resources of any AV program...why NOD32? This is meant for testing on slow machines with limited RAM

I don't need WinRAR,when I have 7-zip...smaller,faster and better

The old Kerio Firewall 4 (by Kerio,not by Sunbelt) is all I need...at least I have control over it,unlike others and the features it offers in free mode after the trial period expires are more than enough

the list gdogg posted is only a list of applications that he has made patches for as far as i know. others work.

i do belive 7-zip is compatible as i am using the commandline version in the install process. i have the feature set worked out but have got to get the bug (big bugs) worked out.

No 7-zip,ProtoWall,AntiVir PE and KPF 4 support in b2.5? :(

AntiVir uses the least resources of any AV program...why NOD32? This is meant for testing on slow machines with limited RAM

I don't need WinRAR,when I have 7-zip...smaller,faster and better

The old Kerio Firewall 4 (by Kerio,not by Sunbelt) is all I need...at least I have control over it,unlike others and the features it offers in free mode after the trial period expires are more than enough

hey, all you have to do is, ask, and I will provide :P, and btw, protowall works, made a patch for it, just forgot to save it, its very simple anyway, just might not be as easy for users to use.

AntiVir PE, least memory usage? not last time I checked, but like I said, ask, and I make some patches :) , just dont get un-reasonable :), beta 3 on the other hand, you can make far more request for, I just want beta 2.5 out next week-end, if @ all possible

@MAVERICKS CHOICE thanks, its great to have users support.

@spazmire11 , woke up @ 7 it seems, im on msn, errr aol

Edited by gdogg

hey guys.

due to having alot of things to due this week.

I havn't had much time for the beta 2.5 release.

it is now being posponed to the weekend of the 28th-29th.

This is for sure. So those who want to beta test. Make a post in this thread saying so, (if you havn't already for beta 2.5)

q106

preferably

its all depends on how beta 2.5 testing goes

:)

dont plan on rushing anything either.

user friendly-ness is a goal, which means lots of work on my part.

along with, virus/spyware immunity

and such

and who knows, printer/fax/scanner/controller support.

and maybe no firewall req'd

Edited by gdogg

I would love to be a beta tester.

Also, I am interested in having MicrowinX have Active Directory connectivity. Have you tested this? If not, this is something that I could test and help implement. This project seems like it would also be great for "kiosk" type systems.

-John

Edited by jftuga

if you would like to test implenting that, that would be great.

currently, I am positive its been riped out.

unless there are third party tools for active directory connectivity.

I think what your are doing is admirable :D

People like you built this world as it is today, and people like Nimda are the ones trying to keep it in medevial age :realmad:

My moto is :"Infinite diversity in infinite combination"

P.S. How can I get hold of MicrowinX and are there some legal issue (is this black , grey or white software)