[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

not currently

but when I have a new computer, I plan on constantly testing/updating 4 planed version of microwinX

Ill leave you to guess what they could be

oh and after these 4 version make a public release. Then I plan on other os support.

like 2k3, mce (well 3 version left to guess) , and 2k for those who refuse to switch LOL

Edited by gdogg

More requests for apps support in microwinX:

ROMZipper [http://flash.emuware.com] (the best freeware BATCH zip/unzip (RAR/UnRAR) and mass renaming utility ever.It's OLD but still good even now)

PhotoFiltre 6.2.0 [www.photofiltre.com] (best freeware image editing app)

ASIO4ALL v2.6 (freeware ASIO driver for all possible soundcards,including all onboard chips) [www.asio4all.com]

HQSoftProc Resampling plugin 4.4 for Winamp for Live/Audigy cards [www.hqsoftproc.go.ro] It needs installation and stores settings in registry.It's not just a single DLL)

7-Zip 4.32 [www.7-zip.org](better] than WinRAR,WinRAR is not needed anymore,7zip now unpacks all archives,except ISO)

Some questions/requests to all of you reading this forum:

1. I need a replacement for calc.exe (MS calculator) that is freeware,very small in size,with no installer and offers much more functions (scientific,etc.) than the calc.exe

Does any of you know of such app ?

2. I'm looking for a .txt file reader that supports Asian Fonts (CJK) without installing support for Asian languages in Windows.It needs to use its' own set of fonts.

Foxit reader does support this via a separate .bin file,but it supports only PDF,not TXT files :(

Anyone know of such a (freeware) text reader? And,of course,without installer (I hate installers)

3. I'm looking for a freeware download manager to replace GetRight,but it has to have no installer,has to be supported by the FlashGot Firefox extension,and has to support memory caching of files to RAM to minimize disk activity.It's hard for me to find a D/L manager to satisfy all 3 requirements,other than GetRight :(

4. I need a small program (or a command prompt command under WinXP) to be able to make a listing of all the files I have in a certain folder (directory) and output the result to a .txt file.I miss this very important feature...

Edited by synth

4. I need a small program (or a command prompt command under WinXP) to be able to make a listing of all the files I have in a certain folder (directory) and output the result to a .txt file.I miss this very important feature...

from CMD prompt:

C:\>DIR [Target directory] >[Target .txt file for directory listing]

i.e. to list windows directory to file "output.txt" on root C: drive-

C:\>DIR C:\WINDOWS >C:\output.txt

Don't forget that any directories with spaces should be enclosed in quotes -- C:\"Documents and Settings"\User