[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

Hi there,

I followed this from a link on the coolermaster forums.

I couldn't think of a use for it before but I now firmly believe that this would be an awesome OS to fit on a spare low spec machine (but still high enough spec to run XP normally) and turn that machine into my personal MAME cabinet.

I would be really excited if someone could point me in the right direction to get involved in this for that usage.

I read through the first few pages 4/5 but I wasnt sure if this was publicly available or how to use the ini files or just what to do take part in the project.

Any pointers in the right direction would be great, I think a mame pc would be a great use of this software.

Many Thanks

Teebor

it should be avaliable in the next month publicly, I want it to be ready before releasing it to the public.

I hope you can wait.

I am looking forward to the release as well. About how many people do you have beta testing it?

-John

I am used to tweaking xp, i got down shell32.dll to 4.22 mb what i removed was all 48x48 icons and a 333 Kb explorer.exe removing all useless bitmaps/icons (except the my comp icon) also i have an Nlited installation .

but windows still shows 48x48 icon view by resizing the icons , i cant seem to put a permanent setting to show icons :( will there be any fix for that?

oh.. okey.. so i'll do that.. i'll be waiting for your ini/reg files and i'll tell then how it's going..

i want it :yes:

i cannot say it, before i didnt tried it but i think - IT ROCKS :thumbup

Activity is the only road to knowledge .

I am used to tweaking xp, i got down shell32.dll to 4.22 mb what i removed was all 48x48 icons and a 333 Kb explorer.exe removing all useless bitmaps/icons (except the my comp icon) also i have an Nlited installation .

but windows still shows 48x48 icon view by resizing the icons , i cant seem to put a permanent setting to show icons :( will there be any fix for that?

What tools did you use to accomplish this? Something like ResHacker?

-John

yep that's what i used , my question is : how do i now make windows to NOT resize my icons to 48x48 permanently , i never encountered that setting in the OS , Anyone knows a tweak?

Also i noticed that the instructions to install 57 meg windows was about making second partition :

On this comp i have 2 Nlited installations which use Winnt\profiles and windows\profiles instead of documents and settings so that i guess that operating systems wont disturb the Microwindows installer even if i put it on same HD , i would love to try Mircrowin with a profiles directory :)

Edited by Desdicado