[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

I software I use are: Alcohol 120%, DC++, Gaim, Look 'n' Stop (firewall), Mplayer, Microsoft Office 2003 (always got it work in my nlited xp install [110 Meg]), Nero, Opera, Peerguardian 2 (ip blocker), Newsleecher, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, uTorrent, VLC, Winrar.

ok thanks, I will try to get the testing done.

I will not be trying Microsoft Office, as I know that its not gonna work

I am not gonna try Look 'n' Stop either. You can test it if you like.

Alcohol 120% I wont be testing either, as it is pointless, cause the point of this project is virus immunity and locking down your computer, installation isn't possible, so its not worth it.

nero I use too, and will be setting up the patch file, i already know it works.

I will also be trying to make openoffice work, (cause its free, and probbally doesn't need a million things)

Opera ill test too. along with perfect disk, uTorrent is a given it works, vlc already tested and works. winrar works too.

will just be setting up the patches.

btw my cd-rom troubles, seemed to fix themselves, after a bunch of work

Edited by gdogg

I am not sure yet. Do you have perfect disk installed inside of my project yet, and applied step 4?

from what I think, appling step 4, would fix that.

but I need to get the perfect disk patch ready, unless you think you can handle it yourself.

Edited by gdogg

yeh, but I doubt its will work

does it work under yours aegis ?

I did so much work today, and I am very exhausted, I will continue working on this tommarrow.

Edited by gdogg

Ok here is my report (considering I changed the last session.ini to fit my needs [dhcp, usb audio..etc], skipped Step 3 and 4; then after all steps began to install my software).

-tapi32.dll kept coming while installing a few select software (winrar, but still worked)

-PerfectDisk does not display correctly (the left side does not show correctly, but still works)

-there is no place for my host file (c/windows/system32/drivers/etc [the etc folder is not there])

-Alcohol 120% does not install (scsiadapter Failure)

-could not install my network driver (Intel 10/100 LOM Driver)

-in the control panel, could not access Network Connections

-would be nice to have a .cmd to install minlogon instead of having to create a second windows installation to switch winlogon with the minlogon

you need to setup your network connection b4 you apply the patches

read part 3

ie core problems, should dissappear, after stage 4

your intel driver problem, should not be happening, there is no reason for it, unless you didn't do it @ stage 3

winlogon thing would be nice, but the file is in use.

if you need to fix this, just cutt back the stuff in the backup folder, and then start over.

also, the reason for a second partition was not, the winlogon, it was the fact things that are running cannot be removed otherwise, (step 4)

Edited by gdogg

Not supporting Microsoft Office is a big problem :(. Nearly all Windows users use it...

well, lemme see what I can do...later this weekend I will have a go at it ;)

maybe this is the time to ask what officefunctions that is the nessesary ones?

I think we can rule out frontpage and powerpoint, users that utilize those aren't interested in this thingie.

But how about keeping Word, Excel and Outlook?

give some feedback on this and I will get on it later

Edited by Clint

word excel, but outlook sux, and is a security hole, i dont recommend anyone spending the time to use this windows, use that, its a big mistake.

but so is office then, with its office virus, but, ok, if you want, but you'll be adding back in a secuirty hole

did I mention yet, I didn't leave printer support?

Edited by gdogg

word excel, but outlook sux, and is a security hole, i dont recommend anyone spending the time to use this windows, use that, its a big mistake.

but so is office then, with its office virus, but, ok, if you want, but you'll be adding back in a secuirty hole

did I mention yet, I didn't leave printer support?

well, I have the nessesary regentries and a coupla files to install it nomatter what you have removed ;)

the dll's that are needed comes around 2mb heavy together..(not from XP source)...and the usage of printer, well...I mail my documents a hella lot more than print them out...

..but your right, this will maybe only add more issues...just wanna show the nah-sayers that anything can be done ;)

it's dropped...

edit: I forgot to say, if you are planning to use Open Office...MS Office 2k will draw much less resources..thats a fact ;)

Edited by Clint

heh, actually i'd rather it remain just a gaming/inet kios, but, there are soo many users now, I must try to keep them all happy :D

yeh I noticed open office taking a long time to load now.

Does anyone know if open office is also vulerable to office virus'?

clint if you know a way to get office to work, i could use it :D, but just wait for another week, as I get some patches done for what I am using now and some other asap software, i dont feel that everyone needs office right away, when they can still restart there computer for it.

anyway, im going to bed.

Edited by gdogg