[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

yes routers are a very good option for people.

but if you dont need a router, and are only getting one to test this windows, wait til you try it first

i think this windows is a great method of secuirty and speed, but some might not like added difficulty to install programs

well, wait til you see it when its done

alt-tab works alot better in it, cause its fast, really fast, only way its a lil slower, is when you game is in a different refresh rate

Edited by gdogg

Wow this is one heck of a project. And that is one small XP install. But is it small enough and yet able to theoretically run whatever programs you might throw at it besides games and browsing the net? Cause I read you were aiming this for kiosks and gaming correct?

well most programs will run yes, but there will be certain cases where you'd have to switch to something else, or reboot to use programs.

but this is only temporarily while others test this project, and expand the supported software base, its hard to see many programs at all not working

Edited by gdogg

yes routers are a very good option for people.

but if you dont need a router, and are only getting one to test this windows, wait til you try it first

i think this windows is a great method of secuirty and speed, but some might not like added difficulty to install programs

Well im more interested in Microwinx as a games platform because of its low ram usage no need for a virus scanner no proccesses doing things i dont want etc. So i probably wont be installing programs on it :D

Ill probably just have a nice game related skin running and use it as like xbox :thumbup

i want to make 3 versions from it, one for my server which is used for router and downloading, main pc for couple of games/browsing and a laptop version for movies:)

this was eXactly what i was thinking .. :thumbup

.. at least on the download server part :whistle:

.. can't wait 'till it hits the public eye