New Icons...

SkillTill

Hey Xpero!

First of all, I rememeber the thread I requested nicer media icons for MPG/AVI/MP3/WAV... I really like them now, they are great :thumbup

I myself use the MPC (I replace it with the old media player on the CD) for playin Movies and it works very good, but there is one thing I miss: WMV-files, or some other media files like Quicktime-Movies, RealMedia, DVD-files (VOB and IFO) have the ugly look, i think it must be possible to add other files to be xpized

I found a example for Quicktime-files LINK

So, would be nice to have also xpized icons for them... and one question:

If I integrate the XPize-files into a I386-folder, are the file-associations/xpize-icons with mp3, was and so on also set, because the would need a reg-entry, isn't it?

Best regards SkillTill

Edited by SkillTill

HI! glad you like the custom icons feature. Now what I need is:

1) Defaul path to the icons Example:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.aco\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Archivos de programa\\Adobe\\Photoshop CS\\Photoshop.exe,57"

2) Assure me that these reg links to the icons will work for all sers (or at least, the majority of them). As you know, MPC can be installed alone or via many codec packs. Also, quicktime and real player have "alternatives", so it doesnt install in the same location for all people.

If dont see many problems in that, I will try to add them. As I said in other post, XPize 4 is finished, but I can make an exception with this, cuz I think the custom icons is a great feature I can play with.

XPero

Edited by XPero

I think I've not been understood. I'm asking SkillTill for the registry info of the icons he wants to be xpized. I pressume he has installed all the soft he was talking about, so it wouldnt be difficult for him to find that info with the example I've provided and put that info here. Anyway, if I dont have that info soon, I will install that soft myself and look for the info.

@klasa:

Yeah, thats what I do once XPize has installed the new icons. But I need the original location of the icons for restoring them after uninstalling XPize.

I'm sorry XPero,

I'm sure I did understand you, but I was not able to reply, cause I had no internet up to now... :P

So, for example WMV/ASF-files are associated to the media player (if you dont install the new WMP) and the icons are stored in system32\dxmasf.dll and they could easily be replaced by the new ones...

Here an example:

icons6uk.png

One thing I would like is to have the new mp3-icon in system32\quartz.dll cause I think it looks more individual towards the other sound icons...

mp3icon0ze.png

Okay, but there are some more... which have to be manually replaced:

Quicktime Files:

.mov .qt .amr .3gp .3gp2 .3g2 .3gpp

RealMedia Files:

.rm .ram .rmvb .rpm .ra

no default icon set, because I use titou2k's codecpakage

Hope this could be a little helpful, be free to message me!

(I do my best to answer quickly) ;)

Thanks and best regards

SkillTill