Sneak Peak... Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC6

Siginet

I didn't like having the little Option checkmarks scattered all over the Main window so I went ahead and created a new File Menu that you can find at the top left of the main window. I got rid of the Help and About buttons as well and put them in the File Menu as well. Now all of the Options (CheckBoxes) will be found in File>Properties (Except the Custom Pack Name and Tri-Pack checkboxes).

I got rid of the ugly picture that was on the right side that made you have to tilt your head and squint your eyes to read it! LOL! I made a new picture and placed it at the top.

Properties.jpg

Properties-Window.jpg

I also made a new Boot Screen picture as well.

WinXP_PP_Boot_Scrn.jpg

I have also added an UnDocumented option that you can add to your ini file. This custom option will allow you to tell the Windows XP PowerPacker to do the necissary things to create a Windows 2003 Pack. But I am gonna leave this at that. I am not going to put any checkbox/option or anything in the gui itself to do this because this is Windows XP PowerPacker and it is not meant to pack Windows 2003 ... Yet. ;) But I am going to begin coding Windows PowerPacker (Instead of Windows XP PowerPacker) soon after Windows XP PowerPacker goes v1.0 Final. Just think of this as a sneak peak into Windows PowerPacker. :D

To use this new Custom Option all you need to do is add this to your ini file:

[Win2k3Version]
2k3Version=

The 2k3Version must = L, D, S, A or B.

Any of these letters will do the exact same thing (For now)... but they represent the Windows 2003 IDENT files...

WIN51IL = Small Business server 2003

WIN51ID = Data Center Server 2003

WIN51IA = Enterprise Server 2003

WIN51IS = Standard Server 2003

WIN51IB = Web Server 2003

Example:

2k3Version=S

Anyone who has played around with making a windows 2003 server SP1 multiboot disk knows it is a pain in the butt untill you know what you are doing. This little entrie in Windows XP PowerPacker makes that job simple. :)

I have tested it with a Custom Pack Name (Which I recommend). You will have to edit cdshell.ini manually to show your custom 2003 pack as a menu item. Also you can use the Tri-Pack option... but the DriverPacks may not work 100% And you will be stuck with the names for XP for the folder creation.

You just select anything for the XP Version/Edition.

Release of v1.0 RC6 should be very soon now... So Stay Tuned! :P

Edited by Siginet

In the BOOT\GRAPHICS folder there is a file called "splash.csi". That is the file that contains the boot screen. If you want to add your own you can create a bmp file following the directions on cdshell.org and compile it into a splash.csi file. Then in your Extra Root Files directory create a folder called BOOT and a folder within it called GRAPHICS. Inside the graphics folder put your custom splash.csi file. It will overwrite the default one that comes with powerpacker. ;) You can follow these same steps to create your own cdshell.ini file etc.

SigiNet,

Personally, I liked the checkboxes on the GUI better than hiding them in a menu. But I guess with all your plans for PowerPacker, a menu is ultimately unavoidable...

As far as the bootscreens is concerned; it is a beautiful image, but (again) personally, I do not think it is appropriate for such a great business-tool as PowerPacker is. It's a bit boy'ish, a bit too much toylike now....

A more stylish, business-like bootscreen would be more apropriate in my opinion (and alas I don't have any graphical skills, otherwise I would have taken up your challenge for developing a bootscreen for PowerPacker, as posted by you in one of the topics)

I love the tricpack-feature and the rename-feature that were introduced in RC5 !

Again, keep it up !!!!

Moesasji

Edited by moesasji

Thanks for the reply Siginet, i'll checkout cdshell.org,i had forgotten about that site.

I also have to agree with moesasji, i also prefer the check boxes as they would likely be missed if you didn't know about them. i am also looking at possibly creating a generic business boot screen so that everone can use it in their own work environment, i'm away for thew next 3 weeks though so i'll check up on things when i get back.

OK. I will look at making a more toned down boot screen as the default. ;) I think you guys are right. Hopefully someone will also make some screens as well. Like I said it is very simple to use your own instead of the default one.

As for the check marks... I agree as well. I was wondering myself what I should do... should I keep them on the main gui as well or just put them in a menu. Well... I think since now I have more room on the gui I can still keep the checkboxes on the gui somewhere as well. I'll look at putting them somewhere in the main window.

OK... I have moved The Tri-Pack checkbox and the Custom Pack Name checkbox back onto the main window. But I am leaving the Exclude UnNeeded Folders section in the Properties menu.

I have also added an UnDocumented option that you can add to your ini file. This custom option will allow you to tell the Windows XP PowerPacker to do the necissary things to create a Windows 2003 Pack. But I am gonna leave this at that. I am not going to put any checkbox/option or anything in the gui itself to do this because this is Windows XP PowerPacker and it is not meant to pack Windows 2003 ... Yet. ;) But I am going to begin coding Windows PowerPacker (Instead of Windows XP PowerPacker) soon after Windows XP PowerPacker goes v1.0 Final. Just think of this as a sneak peak into Windows PowerPacker. :D

To use this new Custom Option all you need to do is add this to your ini file:

[Win2k3Version]
2k3Version=

The 2k3Version must = L, D, S, A or B.

Any of these letters will do the exact same thing (For now)... but they represent the Windows 2003 IDENT files...

WIN51IL = Small Business server 2003

WIN51ID = Data Center Server 2003

WIN51IA = Enterprise Server 2003

WIN51IS = Standard Server 2003

WIN51IB = Web Server 2003

Example:

2k3Version=S

Anyone who has played around with making a windows 2003 server SP1 multiboot disk knows it is a pain in the butt untill you know what you are doing. This little entrie in Windows XP PowerPacker makes that job simple. :)

I have tested it with a Custom Pack Name (Which I recommend). You will have to edit cdshell.ini manually to show your custom 2003 pack as a menu item. Also you can use the Tri-Pack option... but the DriverPacks may not work 100% And you will be stuck with the names for XP for the folder creation.

You just select anything for the XP Version/Edition.

Edited by Siginet

I got rid of the ugly picture that was on the right side that made you have to tilt your head and squint your eyes to read it! ;) LOL! I made a new picture and placed it at the top.

Edited by Siginet