XP Random Crashes

Hammer136

Hi

Im running xp and i am getting random crashes and automatically reboots itself (which i have now disabled). I get the error message:

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 80538107, parameter3 f3c08650, parameter4 00000000.

From what i have gathered the error message it related to memory errors. However i have run memtest86 and microsofts memory tester and they both find no errors.

Also i have found that some people get this when the computer is oerheating but again my computer is running at 50 degrees C and i doubt this is the problem as its within safe paramaters.

FInally people have said its a PSU problem but ive got a 500W one of Ebuyer which is new and is plenty for what i have.

So i have come to asking if other people have had the same problem and how they resolved it. Thanks.

My computer setup if it helps:

Intel 3.2Ghz 800fsb Prescott.

500W PSU Ebuyer

2x 512mb PC3200 Crucial RAM

Elektrik : I have uninstalled and still no luck. For that matter i have updated all of my drivers and although i havent had any crashes in the last 30 mins its too early to tell.

Nepali : Like i said i have tested both sticks and they both say there fine in memtest86 and microsofts memory tester.

Thanks for the imput

Hammer136

error code 1000008e = "KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M" - Most of newsgroup comments about this error point to faulty hardware or drivers. The hardware varies from modems, video cards, USB device to memory or sound cards. Sometimes it proves to be hardware that it is not compatible with Windows XP.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid...=System&phase=1

Edited by Elektrik

thanks for that. But i have taken all the hardware out and swapped almost every part-sound card,graphics,memory,cpu,motherboard,hard drive and it still doesnt work! Im starting to get annoyed. Whether its a combination that causes a compatibility issue im not sure but i havent found that anywhere and ive looked. Any help appreciated.

I had a problem similar to this for years, except I got no blue screen, just an instant restart. I'd hear a click from my hard drive just at, or seconds before, the restart. I thought all along that the hard drive was failing. I finally discovered what the problem was a few weeks ago: the IDE connecter on my hard drive was slightly loose. Any jiggle of the case (and sometimes changes in temperature) would make the hard drive shutoff and crash windows. Try clamping the connecters on the IDE cable a bit with some pliers, then put the plug back on the drive.