Support for East Asian Languages?

Hi all,

I'm trying to enable the support for east asian languages after Windows XP is already installed.

I wonder if there ist a methode to do it via batch or manipulating hte registry - any automatic idea is welcom! :thumbup

Can anyone help me?

as-sassin

• 2 years later...

I know this question is over two years old -- but it's still unanswered.

I'm challenged with the same prob and I'm getting mad about it :blushing:

There is a tool from MS called "SysOcMgr" which is used together with two INF files to do unattended (de-)installation of Windows extras like games, messenger or stuff like the East Asian Language Support files.

But it lacks of a good howto or something else. Anyone here who can explain the right way?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

ThinkPsy

/Edit

I did another research and guess what ... I have found the answer. It was burried deep in the MS knowledgebase. I read the article before. :whistle: But unfortunately MS goes straight to the localized version if there is any available -- and the german translation isn't as detailed as the original one.

So here are the steps to do unattended and/or silent installation of the east asian language support files:

1) Change the following registry keys to your needs

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\SourcePath=%YOURDRIVE% (w/o \I386!)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\ServicePackSourcePath=%YOURDRIVE% (w/o \I386!)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SourcePath=%YOURDRIVE%\I386 (w/ \I386!)

2) Create text file for unattended installation with the following content:

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=7, 8, 9, 10
SystemLocale=0407
UserLocale=0407
InputLocale=0407:00000407

System-, User- and InputLocale of course depends on your requirements, I prefer 0407 for german input method.

3) Type the following into the command prompt or into your script:

rundll32.exe shell32,Control_RunDLL intl.cpl,,/f:"%YOURDRIVE%\%YOURTEXTFILE%"

Few minutes later you can check the control panel for regional settings and you'll find the [X] in the second tab...

4) Last step is re-editing the reg keys to the previous value.

/edit²

Found another reg key which has to be edited -- added it to the list above.

Edited by ThinkPsy