slipstreaming sp2 with dvd recovery disk

i have a Toshiba Laptop with DVD Recovery Disk WinXP home SP1 and my big problem is the time it consumes everytime i reinstall my os.

guys! do you think its possible to slipstream it with sp2? the recovery disk is different with the regular WinXPs coz i there'sno i386 in it.

i am a know nothing guy with regards to this stuff, hope you can give me some words.

TY

i found a ghost.exe;tghost.exe;preinst.gho; etc..... in the Base Folder from the image i created from the recovery disk i have.

also, after fresh reistallation of os and updating it, which 1 am i going to create as an image, the recovery disk that i have or the system itself, sorry bro, got no idea, so pls, if you won't mind, could you please help or tell me what to do, step by step. i know this too much to ask, and i apologize for this.

Well there are too options here

1. Aqquire a real copy of windows XP and use that or

2. Set up your laptop you want and use some 3rd party software to make a new backup image (after adding sp2 into your current setup) and use thats as your new restore Disc

Edited by glent

ojojpogee, your problem is that the recovery disk is not an unattended installation, it is a ghost image of your hard drive that puts everything back to factory settings.

So you have 2 options indeed - create your own unattended XP setup from a Windows XP cd, or create your own ghost image.

To create your ghost image, you need to do a fresh reinstall on your computer, add as many applications as you like and change the settings you wish, and then create a snapshot with ghost software (like Norton Ghost, dunno which one is the best). Then burn that image to a bootable cd, also with the Ghost soft, and you have a new recovery dvd.