McAfee Personal Firewall Plus 2006 (7.0) Silent

eirogge

Hello :hello:

I have a problem installing McAfee Personal Firewall Plus 2006 (7.0) silently.

Before you answer too quickly: The way for installing MPF 2005 (6.0) does not work with 2006 (7.0) anymore. For MPF and VS 2005 (6.0) you can use the method described in this thread.

The start is the same. MPF 2006 (7.0) comes with a Wise-Installer that extracts the real installer to %TMP% when executing. So I copied it over to another directory and closed the Wise-Installer.

When executing the actual installer we just extracted, you will see the EULA agreement.

The structure of the directory also seems equal to MPF and VS 2005 (6.0). The secrets of silent installation lie in the file MpfVer.ini under the last category [installConfig]. So far no difference to MPF and VS 2005 (6.0).

First value i changed was SilentInstall="0" to SilentInstall="1" of course. This has an silent effect, but not the whole one wanted. When starting Setup.exe now, it still displays the EULA, then installs the application automatically but displays the full dialogue. In version 2005 (6.0) it was completely silent as i want it.

Playing around with the other values (e.g. Welcome="-1" to Welcome="0" and so on) did not help to solve the problem.

I'm really stuck right now. I kinda know it can be done and I do not want to use AutoIT-scripts as such things are a bit too dirty in production environment.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :thumbup

Short workaround using AutoIt until a real solution was found:

Prepare the setup as described above (changing/inserting SilentInstall="1") and use the follow script:

Run ("setup.exe")

WinWaitActive("Endbenutzer-Lizenzvereinbarung")

Send ("{TAB 2}")

Send ("{ENTER}")

EXIT

Just remember to customize the window title for the EULA.