iTunes 4.9.0.17 silent with no quicktime

seapagan

I could use a Danish version of Itunes without QT, if you getting too busy, to make it a guide how to make it could be very nice also, then I could by myself fix future versions of Itunes in Danish.

Great job you are doing.

I'll write up a procedure on how to modify the iTunes install today (hopefully :whistle:)

@jonazz :

Danish version uploaded, get it here :) . Again, this is a silent install version.

@boardbabe :

iTunes needs some form of QT installed even to run. I agree, it would be nice to have a version that does not, just to update the 'pod without needing media playing capability. Playing songs is the ipod's job anyway! :D

SP

You can install QT (or alternative) before or after installing iTunes, but QT must be installed before USING itunes.

I use 'PodUtil' to download the songs from my iTunes - it is certainly the best one I have tried. It is shareware, but the unregistered version has full functionality to copy songs from your iPod.

And, there is no chance that itunes will ever download songs from iPod to PC ... this is apple's way of limiting audio piracy, cant see that ever changing :lol:

OK, I finally got my head together and wrote out the procedure to create these installers - a link is at the head of the first post.

If anything is unclear, or just plain wrong, please let me know either by PM or in this thread.

SP.

well, i have learned that the alternatives out there are just not where they need to be. Ive installed both the qt and ra alternatives and everytime (not just once and not just one install) I can never play mov files or ra files without downloading qt or ra seperately and AGAIN (I say again cuz I already downloaded the alternatives) so I will never again use the alternatives

I have updated the guide for this installer (link in first post) to a quicker, simpler method. I also include the latest versions (2003 Platform SDK) of Orca and MsiDB, to save downloading the full SDK.

As always, please let me know of any mistakes or errors in the guide. :)

SP