Computer keeps restarting while loading winxp

Grake

Hello,

as the topic title says, my computer keeps restarting everytime when it gets to the windows xp loading screen where the blue bar runs. I don't see that screen though, it just restarts at that point. It gives me a bsod screen but it's there only for a micro second. Can't read that fast :( And keeps restarting no matter what i try. Safe mode won't work either, formatting and re-installing xp doesn't work, when it restarts after formatting to install xp it restarts at that screen. I tired that boot disc that's been going around bart PE, that also doesn't work.

I pulled out all the hardware except hard drive, a stick of ram and video card. Still a no go. Tested the video card on another computer, it's fine. Tested the hd it's fine. Tested the ram it's fine.

I don't see anything wrong with the motherboard.

so lol, what can it be?

Please help :blink::blink:

thnx

Well nothing resolved the issue. I think I narrowed it down to this:

http://usa.asus.com/mb/socket478/p4b533/jumper.htm

It's 2.0 Ghz P4

Mobo: P4b533

What do I set those jumper things as? I tried setting a couple but nothing changes.

I hear on the speaker that system failed due to over clocking lol. IM not trying to overclock it just trying to get the blasted thing to boot up.

Edited by Grake

Are you using a custom boot? I've had this happen when the pallete is wrong in the ntoskrnl.exe try using the cd recovery util and overwrite the ntoskrnl.exe in %windir%\system32 with the one from the cd.

Make sure you expand it after the copy though.

Just a thought

nop, a normal windows xp cd.

It lets me set the cpu frequency in bios, then i put the same frequency on the mobo. But tells me im trying to overclock it.

or its telling my system failed cpu test. :huh:

OK lol, i put that to default.

1 time I restart it says system failed cpu test from speakers, monitor doens't come on at all or anything

anothe time I restart it says cpu overclocking error from speakers, monitor doens't come on at all

another time i restart it goes fine until it gets to xp loading screen and restarts itself

sometimes i restart it goes into safemode bios and goes last time the booting had errors due to improper frequency settings. set the frequency properly and restart

I try to get into the hard drive safe mode it restarts at the agpsomethingsomething point

I try to press the f key to get into safe mode another way it says hard disk failure.

So the times it works it can't get into hd?

bah i feel like throwing this junk out.

Edited by Grake

lol.. sounds like a motherboard problem.. then again im guessin its can be a combo, between ur motherboard n processor. try the processor on a different mobo and see if it works and vice..

anre you bios settings on default as well?

ok I cleaned out the heatsink and stuff and I got a bit far from. It goes into installation after restarting then goes into windows installation. Goes into 36th minute of installing devices, and restarts at that point everytime.

Any ideas?