[Help] To anyone using CDswitch

Hi all,

I'm the author of this small tool. I'm looking for people using CDswitch and WPI together. See, I documented the use for Batchfiles/RunOnceEx/XPlode before, but I have never worked with WPI, and I currently don't have the time to learn it (I will for my next uA disc tho, but probably combine it with XPlode).

So, here my request, to anyone that uses CDswitch and WPI, could you post your setup on how to do it? It will be included in the documentation for the next version. Full credits to you will be given of course.

Thanks in advance,

ive never used your tool before but as for reading this

but I have never worked with WPI, and I currently don't have the time to learn it (I will for my next uA disc tho, but probably combine it with XPlode)

ive always wanted to see wpi and xplode work hand in hand together

id like to see the wpi design style pick and install method then the xplode install screen that has its progress bars for each program installed

now that would be impressive,

(yes before any one says anything, i do know xplode is now designed to pick what progs you want to instal but its layout on that part cant beat the wpi layout, but its installer for the programs is tops on that part.)

i wish some one had some nice ideals on how to acomplish such a feat, i remember in the past some one once came up with a way but it was way to complicated and didnt really work that well.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very easy, im using your cd switch in my own WPI menu, i have it so that everything installs from my Unaatended Windows CD apart from Office 2003, so i have an option to install Office 2003, ive set office as the last item that will be installed by setting install order 999, then,

command 1: cdswitch OFFICE2003 %CDROM% /d

command 2: %CDROM%\office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\Unattended.MST /qb-

• 2 weeks later...

Well if that is the only app on that cd on command 3 run cdswitch again and redirect towards the original cd.

Also if you kept track of the app numbers you could install apps 1-50 on cd1 then have app 51 start with cdswitch and have app 51 through 100 on cd2 and then have app 101 start with cdswitch so app 101 - 150 installs from cd3 aaaaand soooo ooon.....

• 2 years later...