CursorXP Unattended Guide

mickmack

Stardock CursorXP is a program that lets you use and create incredibly cool looking Windows mouse cursors.

It does this by taking advantage of the new visual effects features of Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

CursorXP users can create and use cursors that look and feel far superior to anything you've ever seen before! Best of all, it's really easy to create your own super-charged cursors! It integrates into the standard Mouse interface of Windows and is easy to turn on and off as you need.

cursorxp.gif

you can download CursorXP from HERE

what we need.

1. WinRar

2. CursorXPfree or CursorXPPro (for pro users, you should first install the program, and then use files stored in "C:\Program Files\CursorXP" directory)

3. attached file "cursorxp.reg" (edit "CurrentTheme"= & "Language"= to the theme & language you like)

Download & extract with WinRar all the files to C:\CursorXP. put to the same folder regfile "cursorxp.reg". Put to the folder "Themes" additional themes that you like. select all the files, right klick on them and choose "add to winrar". click the "comment" tab and under the words "enter the comments manually" paste this

Path=C:\Program Files\CursorXP

SavePath

Setup=REGEDIT /S cursorxp.reg

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Klick on Ok and you get silent, configured, self installing file.

sorry for my english...

cursorxp.reg

Edited by mickmack

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else experienced a problem in mapping any theme other than the default? Simply importing the registry settings did not work correctly for me, so I fell back on an AutoIt install method: 1. install the program normally to ensure that all .dll's are registered correctly, 2. copy over the preferred theme file, 3. map the new theme via the CursorXP configuration utility.

yer i know, but wondered if there was a way of installing & entering the s/n in quite mode.. its something that a few co's have done they keep requesting u to insert s/n in the install & it cant be recognised by switch finder...

(Edit) Dont worry i got round the switchs.. ive installed Cursor XP whilst using install rite to then get a silent standalone package.. best way round it, means no need for the s/n & it updates reg & all files with no problems

Edited by ghostware2004

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it dont work for me. i have 3.51 pro. i cant unrar the exe as if described in your howto. i have installed handmattically and copy it to a folder cursorxp and then change your reg file to dutch and gear and rarring it with your comment. after clicking on it there is no gear theme applied. also i am not be able to run cursorxp because i get a error: unzip.dll is missing. but it is in the root of cursorxp...

help??? :unsure:

edit: this time i see cant find cxp.dll, so there is a random DLL-error...

edit2: i have read all post again and i notice talking about a cmd. can mickmack be more specificer about that?

Edited by SolidasRock