Free Software Publishing

hydr0g3n

Recently, I have created a program that I want to get hosted on some sort of site and allow people to download it for free. I also would like to release the source code. I have looked into a variety of options and googled for hours but I havent really come up with anything that fits my needs. Here is a run down of what I have looked into.

-open source project hosts such as Sourceforge and Novellforge: the problem with these is that they have a stipulation that the program must run on a free operating system and the program i made only runs on Windows (because it was created using the .Net Framework and I know there is a .NET equivalent in Linux and other systems but it doesnt support Windows Forms)

-upload.com - i believe it requires a website and a direct link for a download (this leads to my next option and therefore is a problem)

-free web space hosting - the problem with this is that bandwidth is usually limited and sometime file size is limited plus most dont allow you to host an .exe( the setup file)

so i guess my most basic question is,

what is a good place to publish free software for Windows Operating Systems?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, SourceForge does not necessarily encourage the use of free operating systems. Many different projects, among them .NET, are hosted there. SourceForge is your best bet.

Hi

I just joined today and would firstly like to say hi to everyone here.

Secondly, I am hoping that someone can help me or advise me on how to go about setting up a free website. I dont know whether Ive posted to the appropriate thread so my apologies if this post is in the wrong place. Thankyou to anyone who can offer me any advice etc.

Nightshade.

Hi

I just joined today and would firstly like to say hi to everyone here.

Secondly, I am hoping that someone can help me or advise me on how to go about setting up a free website. I dont know whether Ive posted to the appropriate thread so my apologies if this post is in the wrong place. Thankyou to anyone who can offer me any advice etc.

Nightshade.

What does your program do? I might be able to host it, depending on what it does.

Jason