Why does Gmail does not send .exe files

pulkit

Since .exe's are executable, the possibility that the attachment contains malicious code is greater. Gmail, among many other e-mail programs/web e-mail services, block executables as a preventive measure.

To send your attachment, rename the file to file.exe.a or something. Make sure that you're set to show extensions before changing the file name, otherwise it won't work.

Once your friend receives the file, just ask them to rename it and remove the .a at the end.

it blocks it if you zip it? thats a suprise, shouldnt do that really.

have you tried compressing it into .rar or .ace formats? use winrar and make it into a .001 file instead, winrar will still extract the file but i bet the mail server cant read it :)

Just rename the file extension .1zip or .1rar then tell the recipient to rename the file extension when they receive it...

Yup... that's what I do. Plain and simple. The file can't automatically be launched, and the person shouldn't be renaming it and running it if they don't trust you anyways.

Yes... after registering WinRAR with the .rar1 extension... ;) Windows will ask you the first time what to do with the file since WinRAR will only register itself with the typical archive extentions and .001-.039 (I think that's the highest it goes).