Google is the ruler

pulkit

Google or Yahoo ?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Google or Yahoo ?

• Google
    • Yahoo!

I find both Yahoo & Google to be pretty good,

But, Google Suggest Beta is what I have all my systems home page set to via a registry mod...

It rulze :thumbup

Unfortunately, that wont work if you have your interface language set to the swedish chef's "Bork Bork Bork!"

And for a company that appears to push so hard for "open standards" the fact that Gmail wouldn't work in Opera is a lark at best, perhaps still doesn't I probably haven't checked my gmail acct in a year.

Obviously Google is on top, but again, its search results have serious problems, in 99% of instances a result in the format of somesite.com/this_is_a_list_of_words/ is a another crap search engine, and Google offers no way to filter those out, and those results are only becoming more and more common.

I prefer google, but the main searchsite/results is nothing like what it was just a few years ago.

Edited by Crash&Burn

I hope this doesn't get deleted but i couldn't help but respond to the person who wrote

when you're on top, there's only one way to go

It's the second reply to this post.

YOU SUCK!!!

And fyi. . . .GREEN . . . yea, that color doesn't look good on anybody.

Edited by dwit

• 2 weeks later...

Google but the search thing wont be Google's trump card quite soon I dont think. I think Google was a much needed shot in the arm. They are going to branch out from where they are right now to all aspects of computing. It is just everything they do is just so darn easy to use, gmail, google talk, maps, earth etc etc.....and now they have turned their sights on OpenOffice and I applaud that. It is like one big giant do-gooder I guess. Sure there are people with conspiracy theories about how google is building a giant database about users and their surfing habits but you know what I dont have anything to hide. They are not going to be able to infringe on my privacy or whatever I do at home unlike the Patriot Act.....hehe.