[isonews] No Longer...

ThA_FiLeR

The iSONEWS site is no longer available for the checking on current game releases.. Today the "U.S. Department of Justice" took the site over.. The guy that owned the site was arrested for the selling of mod chips which would allow gamers to play pirated games on their consoles.. He can face upto 5years in prison and a fine upto $500,000..

More info..

www.iSONEWS.com

erhh.. selling modchips are legal .. they must of had prove that his intention was to also sell pirated games also.. as far as i'm concerned, modchips allow to play a backup copy of your already owned game.. stupid laws.. :)

erhh.. selling modchips are legal .. they must of had prove that his intention was to also sell pirated games also.. as far as i'm concerned, modchips allow to play a backup copy of your already owned game.. stupid laws..  :)

Selling modchips in the United States is illegal. From what I understand, it's legal to own one, but it's illegal to sell one.

erhh.. selling modchips are legal .. they must of had prove that his intention was to also sell pirated games also.. as far as i'm concerned, modchips allow to play a backup copy of your already owned game.. stupid laws..  :rolleyes:

Selling modchips in the United States is illegal. From what I understand, it's legal to own one, but it's illegal to sell one.

how odd.. :)

he should have been smart and moved to europe then. heh i go to a huge Pc fair very often and they chip them right there for you. the wires they put in are tiny. think theres 27 wires to go in for the best chip, all tiny tiny wires. they work real fast too, its impressive to watch.

looks like the doj (or DOH depending on how you pronounce it..) only grabbed his domain name though doesent it?

hope someone defaces the doj webpage beacause IMO companies chipping their machines are creating monopolies for themselves and also preventing users LEGITIMATELY, as is their right to do so under copyright law, use BACKUP games on their systems.

if your disk ends up dead often thats it you have to shell out again for another. thats wrong. many companies say they will replace the CD.. what after 3 years of use? and many that have that then have in tiny print "applies to northern usa and canada only"

cant return nvidia or Ati graphics cards either.. same garbage "north american and canada only"...