Danish Pizzeria Bans French And Germans

sedative

A Danish pizzeria has banned French and Germans from dining there because of their country's stance on a war with Iraq.

Aage Bjerre, who owns Aage's Pizza on the island of Fanoe, said he's tired of French and German attitudes toward the United States.

He's put two homemade drawings on the shop door, one a silhouette of a man coloured red, yellow and black for Germany and another in the red, white and blue for France.

Both silhouettes have a bar across them.

He says Germans will be allowed in if their country joins a war on Iraq, but the French will have to endure a lifetime ban.

Aage said: "Hadn't the United States helped Europe in defeating Germany, there would have been photos of Adolf Hitler hanging on the walls around here."

The ban has yet to affect his business because the tourist season only starts after Easter and peaks during the summer. "I do what my conscience tells me to do," he said.

He added: "Frenchmen have a lifetime ban here. Their attitude toward the United States will never change."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_75438...u=news.quirkies

meh.

• 3 weeks later...

hi @ll :

We're having this theme since the second world war in germany. Not everyone in a country is sharing the actual political opinions... the beginning of very strange things can be read in the book called "the wave" (Die Welle).

Lots of people haven't learned anything from past

sorry,

Koala6