Hide programs

Hi, I wondered if there is any way to hide programs from the programlist. Because I've got some programs, that are just helping me to use my WPI, like a homemade CD-switcher tool, they're forced and default, so I don't want them to be visible on the list...

Is it possible, or maybe it's a tip for a following version??

Thanx in advance...grtz

yuo could install these application before Wpi is launched ;) add them to wpi.cmd beofre wpi.hta is called for example this is my wpi.cmd

@ECHO OFF

REM Example, how to look for CDROM-drive. Must have a file to identify in its root (like WIN51 or WPI.ico).
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\wpi.ico set CDROM=%%i:
echo Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%
REM Show warning
start /wait %cdrom%\wpi\common\before.exe

REM extracting sleep.exe
start /wait %cdrom%\wpi\common\sleep.sfx.exe

REM Determine the WPI startup path.
REM if wpi should run off the cd the replace %~dp0 with %cdrom%.
set wpipath=%cdrom%\wpi

REM Hide this command window.
%wpipath%\Tools\cmdow.exe @ /hid

REM Force resolution to needed size for wpi interface.
start %wpipath%\Tools\VideoChanger.exe 1024x768x32@72 -q

REM Font installation - the smooth and customizable way.
start /wait %wpipath%\Tools\fonts\fontinstaller.exe

REM Special registry tweak needed.
regedit /s "%wpipath%\common\wpi.reg

REM Make WPI directory the current directory.
for /f "delims=: tokens=1" %%i in ("%wpipath%") do %%i:
cd "%wpipath%"

REM Start WPI and wait for its end
start /wait %windir%\system32\mshta.exe "%CD%\wpi.hta"

REM Cleaning up
start /wait %cdrom%\wpi\cleanup.cmd
start /wait %cdrom%\wpi\cleanup2.cmd

exit

:end

notice,

REM extracting sleep.exe

start /wait %cdrom%\wpi\common\sleep.sfx.exe

I need that be installed before Wpi is run

Edited by glent

pardon my stupidness, but if i check forced option, it's just mean that the program will install no matter what? or does it mean wpi will wait until the program is fully installed?

couple .msi based installations are giving me problems (Norton AV, PerfectDisk.. ) because wpi doesn't wait until the install finishes.. so sometimes those programs don't get installed... i'm now using timekill.vbs to remedy the situation, but looking for cleaner solution :o

• 2 months later...

Hi, folks!

Okay... A fantastic CD Switcher program, available through this very forum, is assisting me in my post-install process. I use RunOnceEx.cmd to call WPI.cmd after I install a few essential programs (Flash player, java runtime, daemon tools, etc...). CDswitcher, however, is not one of those programs that requires install first. It's function is to pause the WPI process so that I can change CDs. That's all.

(A lot of Noobs out there are going "OH! So that's what it does!" The rest of us are going, "and your point is?")

Well, that in mind, I have set CD switcher as #1 in my install order, and I have almost ALL my programs dependant upon it.

It is checked by default.

If it were unchecked, no other programs would be able to be installed.

Technically, this is solved by making it forced, regardless of whether it's checked or not. That's all well and good. However...

Here's the point:

The entire unattended installation process, and programs like WPI are intended to make life simpler. I make my custom unattended install disks for old ladies and family members who frequently lose all their CDroms and the little slips of paper with their CD keys and serial numbers on them. With WPI, all they need to do is chose which programs they want to install, and voila!

I can't begin to imagine how many phone calls I'll be getting about that simple CD switcher program.

"I didn't check it! Why is it installing?" "What is this CD Switcher thingie? Is it a virus? Are you putting a virus on my computer? Is this illegal?" "Why do I have to install a program to change the cds? I can just open the thingie."

I hate those calls. Please help!

Is there a way to hide programs like this?

Thanks!