ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware update problem

m8E

Hi guys, initially I held back coming here to try and resolve this following problem in order to allow ZoneAlarm some time to fix it, thing is they haven't fixed it so being that I have not found this subject posted here already I'm starting this topic now to see if you guys have any good suggestions which could solve this.

This is the problem, I have recently updated my ZA Security Suite to Version 6.0.631.003 but trying to update Anti-Spyware brings up the message 'the anti-spyware update task is not responding'.

I've been to the ZoneAlarm message forums and there is a thread http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/m...message.id=5452

on this problem with one or two suggestions but they are only temporary and do not fix the problem, one was:

1. Open Zone Alarm

2. Go to Overview and Preferences

3. Under General uncheck "Load ZoneAlarm at start-up"

4. Go to Alerts and Logs/Main/Advanced/Log Archive location, delete the log

5. Reboot

After rebooting, start Zonelabs manually, set the "Load ZoneAlarm at start-up" option again and proceed with the update of the Anti-Spyware definitions.

I've tried this and it works but only until the next time you want to update when you have to go through the whole process again in order to update.

I've been in touch with ZoneLabs who are looking into things and even asked me if I wanted to try out a test beta version which would have involved me uninstalling my present ZoneAlarm software and then installing their test beta software, and when the test was done I would have had to uninstall the beta software and re-install my present software, but I didn't like the idea of my computer being used as a test piece and apart from that my ZA security software runs perfectly at the moment (except for the anti-spyware update) and I had no desire to disturb it!

Have any of you guys heard of this and do you know any ways of fixing it?

Thanks

m8E

1. Open Zone Alarm

2. Go to Overview and Preferences

3. Under General uncheck "Load ZoneAlarm at start-up"

4. Go to Alerts and Logs/Main/Advanced/Log Archive location, delete the log

5. Reboot

leave it unchecked "Load ZoneAlarm at start-up" and copy ZoneAlarm shortcut to startup folder,

found that on there forums it seems to be working. :)

• 2 weeks later...