Pack 6 CD into 1 DVD

-= Mancubus =-

There are differnt patches for each version (I.E. CD version and the DVD version, so make sure YOU get the CD VERSION of a patch)... now... if u give me the CD version of Setup.exe(root of the disc) ut2004.exe, setup.exe (under the CD-ROM Drive:\CD1\System\)... PM for my email...

No, there are no different patches for CD and DVD version.

I attach my version of Setup.exe, which is from CD.

The error message is

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2207 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (7189)

ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FUnrealfileSummary<< <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel Entry) <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

and it appears right after the splash image is shown.

Tried installing from my 6 CDs once more. Flawless.

Any ideas?

Setup.rar

On your first disc i need the setup.exe from here<<G:\CD1\System\Setup.exe>> it should be approx. 438 kb... You sent me the AutoRun for the Setup file I need... all that is in that file said, "Open \CD1\system\setup.exe" In laymans terms that is...

Here is my copy....

:whistle:

-LIC2k7

Setup.rar

if he did what i first said, then the whole thing would work perfectly...

well, i guess some people are lazier than usual ;), no offence to him btw

What's the sense of writing a DVD if I stiill have to sit and change disks? Well, not CDs, but ISOs, in that case? Maybe I am too lazy, you're right.

But, well, the problem is solved.

I used the method ripken204 suggested in the beginning, named the ISO the same as the first CD was named - UT2004_CD1, and voila - it installed and launched smoothly! :thumbup

The way he suggested is exactly the same as in guide Bas gave the link to. Thank you VERY much, pal, the site is wonderful! Will make the DooM3 DVD tomorrow! :w00t:

So, thanks everyone, topic closed!