Intel 915G driver freeze!

markt

Dear all,

I have a problem with a dell sx280 (Intel 915G) device driver freezing during a scripted build. I have looked through this forum and found similar problems and made sure that I have tried those solutions prior to requesting more help :)

The workstation is a Dell sx280 and the build is WinXP SP2 with MS KB883667 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883667 ) applied.

The only drivers I am loading from OemPnPDriversPath are for the Dell sx280 and the directories are 01_chip, 02_vid, 03_dis, 04_net.

The sx280 has a DVI splitter cable attached and with the DVI out connected to a DVI monitor the installation freezes during hardware detection in the GUI setup however with only an analogue monitor connected to the VGA split the driver installs no problem.

Does anyone have any other ideas I could try ??

Many thanks

Go to support.dell.com, enter your service tag, and ensure that you are using the appropriate video driver from Dell. Any other non-Dell, but OEM driver WILL NOT work with their setup. I know this from experience as those splitter setups don't work at all if the driver is non-Dell, the stock Nvidia drivers don't enable all the Dell dual-screen features. The Dell-Nvidia Drivers are lower-version than the latest Forceware, but have been modified to enable the DVI features.

Well if you're using the right driver, then it looks like you're going to have to set it up with the VGA cable, then switch to DVI after you're done. I'm thinking the driver can't finish being set up for DVI without some user input of some kind, and that's what's hanging you up.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Same probleme here, exactly.

I ended with a silent install of the driver (setup.exe -s -nolic -32x1280x1024x60 -overwritte) with reboot.

Any1 having found a solution btw ?? would be fine.

EBE