Slipstream Windows Media Player Classic

@glent

Will it not need ModifyPE? Will just doing makecab suffice?

as you do not hack the file but simply replacing it, you do not need to correct its checksum.

btw. the name of the program you probably mean is media player classic, not windows media player classic. © and ® stuff ;-)

another thing coming into my mind may be difficulties with websites that have a windows media stream or something as they may need the original wmplayer.exe to display these.

another thing coming into my mind may be difficulties with websites that have a windows media stream or something as they may need the original wmplayer.exe to display these.

Could you give an example ?

Do you mean a site where wmp is embedded on their hp to receive a video- or audiostream ? Like a radiostream ?

mplayer2.exe is only 5k, it's just a simple container for wmp 6.4 control that is integrated is some dll or similar. It's the same control that appears in the browser window when viewing a mplayer embedded page, in this case the container is the browser. I think mplayer2 it's leaved only for "nostalgic", but anyway mplayer classic is more flexible and usefull app :)

Just put it naming mplayer2.exe in a normal windows installation and see if there are problems, anyway I think wmp10 setup could overwrite mplayer2.exe with his own version

Edited by sherpya

So i just have to install a codecs-pack und replace mplayer2.exe with MPC, right ?

If everything works fine what do i have to do for slipstreaming.

Name it mplayer2.exe compress using makecab and drop it into my i386 folder ?

These are files which are in my i386 folder concerning mplayer

MPLAYER2.EX_
MPLAYER32.EX_
MPLAYER.HL_
MPLAYER2.CN_
MPLAYER.CH_
MPLAYER2.HL_
MPLAYER2.IN_