Windows 95 refuses to go away!

wild weasel

:) i read that. You must remember win95 started it all and every os as borrowed or improved since.i started on 98se and tryed win 95 just for a lark ,it wasnt bad sure u had to be savy finding programs etc but it did the job .10 years since mdgx stood inline at midnight lol. i salute 95 for it brought us to vista. in 2008 well be reading about win98 10 years.the beat goes on..

WOW! That is interesting. In fact I have used almost all of the microsoft OS including DOS since 5.0, windows 3.x, windows 95 (later osr2), windows 97 memphis (WOW!, that was kinda beta for the 98FE and sure it was hell to use it), windows 98 FE (later 98SE), windows 2000 and windows xp. My biggest lapse was never being able to use the most ridiculous microsoft OS (or sort of) Microsoft Bob ;)

Still my favourite choice is the good old DOS + 98SE (+ addons from this forum) although i also have a XP boot on my hard disk as well as a few BeOS versions.

do you still have windows 97 memphis ?

Unfortunately I am unable to find the CD anymore. I may have lost it when moving to my new apartment a few years ago. After all it was about 7 years ago when I had the chance to install this on my old PC (or sort of as the installation procedure was very buggy). Currently I do not think it is really usable as it was very unstable and even installing it successfully was a great achievement. But it may be a valuable asset in a Windows OS collection. If I manage to find the installation CD again I will post here about it. By the way as it was not an officially released OS this CD was a warez one but I bought it as an enthusiast.

Wow, 10 years. I still remember my family unpacking the old Micron Pentium I with windows 95 Gold pre-installed on it. It had 133MHz/16MB EDO and a Creative SB ISA card that was a foot long, (I'm not kidding). I made use out of that computer until 2002. Man, I wish I still had that computer. Ahh, memories. I also remember using Windows 3.1/DOS 6.22 back in the early '90s. That computer had an 80386DX25 processor and would lag up if you typed too fast in Word 2.0!