GOW TO MAKE AN AUTOMATE

DrHoang

If you made an automatic booing to XPE successfully, you get some unbelievable benefits: pay no attention during the full booting time because you are no need to press any key: all commands are only in the automate process.

1)If you have only a multiboot CD with XPE and True Image 80.iso and others by using BCDW 201, you must edit bcdw.ini to put booting to XPE in the first place, after 3 secondes

[MenuItems]

\i386\setupldr.bin ; Booting to XPE SP2

C:\ ; Boot from drive C:

\ISO\Acronis.ISO ; Boot to True Image 80

MenuTimer = 3 ; Timer delay in seconds………

2)Ramdisk plugin( Qsoft) is always very indispensable for your XPE: never be missed anyways if you want to have a normal boot to XPE.

Remember not to make any ramsize plugin in your XPE , that requires for you to press and choose one key to resize your ramdisk. You better choose a fixed value 64 MB at initially in ramdisk.inf ( if your PC are weak on RAM: 256MB ) or 128MB if you have 526MB RAM .

Are you bothered by nagged screen of your Ramdisk? Buy a retail copy of Qsoft Ramdisk with a very cheap price ( 6USD.)

3)Don’t make any plugin of your monitor driver: that also requires for you to select to install

4)If you don’t want your desktop changing resolution suddenly( ugly to see ) during booting time , you better add that line to set your desktop resolution always 1024x768 in xpe-defaults.inf

; You may set the fixed resolution 1024x768 for your XPE

0x1,"Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\950","220"||xpeinit.exe -m ""Setting the fixed resolution"" 1365VidChng.exe 1024x768x32@60"

If you want to have 1365VidChng.exe file, mail to me or using Google search on web.

5)If you have a Creative audigy, try to use its oemx.inf found in XP but put no registry from Creative in its plugin. If not, you have a warning error during the booting time, press OK to override it.

6)Make appear all your favorites and Opera profile at XPE startup

Firstly, you have to make two SFX.exe for Favorites and Opera with two names( Favorites_SFX.exe and OperaP_SFX.exe ).

a) Click on Favorites folder with all contents and choose by right click mouse to Add to archive to make an SFX.exe. Remember to choose extract to Z:\Documents And Settings\Default User\ for Favorites_SFX.exe

Favorites.JPG

b)How do you get the Opera profile ? Run Opera within XPE , that will open this Opera folder in Default User\Opera with 2 subfolders: Mail and profile.

You begin to edit all bookmark items of Opera ( add some preferred bookmarks and delete all unwanted one’s ) and edit also the contact item in mail( Opera ).

FindOperaProfile.JPGThose edited by you are backup certainly in a Opera profile within Ramdisk . You copy that folder Opera edited already to any temp folder hard disk.Use this folder ( Opera ) to make an OperaP_SFX.exe file for all of the next uses of Opera in XPE.

Click on Opera folder to make Opera_SFX.exe file with extraction to Z:\Documents and Settings\Default User\ Application data\ Opera \ and Mode : hide all.

Secondly, open your custom.inf by notepad and adding a file custom.cmd=2 with that code:

@echo off

%SystemRoot%\system32\Favorites_SFX.exe

%SystemRoot%\system32\OperaP_SFX.exe

exit

Add that line into custom.inf to make them working in XPE startup:

[software.AddReg]

0x2,"Sherpya\XPEinit\Startup","Custom","%SystemRoot%\System32\HideExec.exe"|"%SystemRoot%\System32\custom.cmd"|"%SystemRoot%\System32\custom.ico"

If you have already your Opera profile, that lets you having all your familiar contacts together with all of the same bookmarks of Favorites.

OperaBookmarks.JPG

OperaMail.JPG

6)Run 3 ports firstly by hwpnp at startup. That makes boot to XPE in a speedier way. Add this line in xpe-pnp.inf

[software.AddReg]

0x1,"Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\900","144","||xpeinit.exe -m ""HwPnp - Install Ports"" HWPnp.exe -all =ACPI\PNP050 =ROOT\*PNP050 =ACPI\PNP040 =ROOT\*PNP040"

If you could make all succesfully. Now , you could go and take a cup of coffee waiting for the full complete to XPE after about 4 minutes 30 secondes .

Dr Hoang fromVietnam

STOP SHOUTING IN YOUR TITLES !!!!

because, almost your posts can be find at Bart'sPE forum (& some sub-sites, i know u r a gold member). It means, u r reposting ! But ..... thank's a lot ! It's still new with me.

Edited by zeroman_ltk

Hi zeroman_ltk,

Thanks of your suggestions but some MSFN fans still find my old topics difficulty in PE forum by using search.

So that I rewrite them all new with a different style, excluding some surplus or out of date data to make much easier for any new bie.

I never copied line by line from an old topic to here.

I hope all fans understand my real good intention to help new bie in XPE or in multibootCD.

Dr Hoang

Edited by DrHoang