Low memory message

Hello all I am new here this project looks quite neat. I am fixing up and toying with an old PI or PII 150MHz with only 48 MB RAM. I get this error when trying to install the service pack:

Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping files) or a corrupted Cabinet file.

My hard drive 6 GB capacity so I'm guessing it is something to do with my small ram and small virtual memory capacity but I wasn't sure. Anything I can do?

By the way, is it possible to have the revolutions pack and the 98SE 2 ME patch on simaltaneously?

Thanks in advance

hammer

read the first post in this topic about requirements and install order of the different projects -

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=38193

it is possible to have the revolutions pack and the 98SE2ME installed simultaneously, in fact i think you need 98SE2ME to install the revolutions pack, i'm not sure, i only install the SP myself (and i think maybe you might be pushing it with the revolutions pack on a P150 but i could be wrong about that) probably best to read some of the project threads before you decide to install anyway.

hopefully someone else can jump in and give you more help on that error message (i dunno :blushing: )

:hello:

welcome to the forums

If it helps, the error message comes up while extracting SP2.CAB. The first time I tried I downloaded it on another computer and shared it over the network. This time I downloaded the file right on the 98 computer.

Thanks again, and I'm sorry for not reading that post more carefully about Revolutions and SE2ME. I think I understand things now.

Please check your free HDD space. You should have at least 40-50 MB free space on your HDD. Also close all open (+trayed) programs before installing the pack.

Thanks again for the help but I have just installed Win 98 so I have barely anything on there.... 5.47 GB left out of 6 on my main hard drive. All programs are closed, nothing in the taskbar..... My other hard drive also nearly has 2 GB left. Thanks for the support guys...

Edit: I just really don't know what my problem could be... I meet all minimum requirements. Any more ideas guys?

2nd Edit: Problem fixed, turned off a few things under startup. Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by hammer55

• 2 months later...
Please check your free HDD space. You should have at least 40-50 MB free space on your HDD. Also close all open (+trayed) programs before installing the pack.

Thanks again for the help but I have just installed Win 98 so I have barely anything on there.... 5.47 GB left out of 6 on my main hard drive. All programs are closed, nothing in the taskbar..... My other hard drive also nearly has 2 GB left. Thanks for the support guys...

Edit: I just really don't know what my problem could be... I meet all minimum requirements. Any more ideas guys?

2nd Edit: Problem fixed, turned off a few things under startup. Thanks for the help guys.

Probably a corrupted download. If the problem persists, you may have a buggy modem driver.