Exchange 2003

brian873

Hi,

Can someone tell me the best way or point me in the right direction on how to setup the monitoring of certain email accounts on an exchange server.

At present we use groupwise and use the proxy option to check our temp and generic accounts. How is this done in exchange ?

This may not be the way your after but something you might want to know or even answer your question :blink: What i do for a certain accounts to be monitored is to add myself in the security group this way (in Exchange under their account) and then go to Outlook - Tools > Email Accounts > View or change existing account > Change > More settings > Advanced > Add - then type in the username/ group i want to monitor this way i see things happen as mails come in.

No only users you allow access. By default Exchange creates access to the user in question. So using something like this in yor security tab for the user you want to monitor:

domain\Brian873 - would allow you access and not administrators

domain\administrators - would allow only the administrators group access and no one outside that group