Service Pack

selwood86

I am so secure.. who needs service packs anyways. all then do is clog up your system... I have an nlited version of windows where I took so much out I dont have anything left to become vulnerable.

As for what did sp2 that is useful.. it only helps protect users from exploits and makes it a safer operating system.. I have SP2 installed on all of my clients and I am not running into a single problem.. not to say there arent problems.. but I would rather fix somebody's winfax from not communicating then having a virus spread across my network..

Install SP2 and be safe... this topic is crazy

I am so secure.. who needs service packs anyways. all then do is clog up your system... I have an nlited version of windows where I took so much out I dont have anything left to become vulnerable.

As for what did sp2 that is useful.. it only helps protect users from exploits and makes it a safer operating system.. I have SP2 installed on all of my clients and I am not running into a single problem.. not to say there arent problems.. but I would rather fix somebody's winfax from not communicating then having a virus spread across my network..

Install SP2 and be safe... this topic is crazy

You dont have any problem ? Try disabling as many services as with spk1, try removing stupid security warning ? you can't :realmad:

And it will lower your perfomances. So why use it ? Because Microsoft Told you so ?

I get no security warnings... no pop ups, no lower performance. currently I am running about 18 processes and that included internet explorer and instant messanger. This is a non-nlited installation and beleive it or not I have no problems. I also never get hit with viruses or spyware and yes I use internet explorer (firefox for some sites)..

I dont do it cause MS said so.. I do it cause there is nothing wrong with it. Do some research.. a fully patched XP is pretty darn stable and is far unlikely to get exploited. And when an exploit is found.. I patch it. if one doest come out for a while.. i turn on the firewall. no worries.

It seems everybody talks about FireFox(which I do use along with IE) and how they use it cause it is more secure...... What is more secure than a service pack built with more security enhancements than the previous versions had combined.

No OS is perfect, no program is perfect. Every vendor has their downfalls and we can find a problem with all of them if we try. MS makes a good product and that is one of the reasons why most of us are using their OS while writing these responses and that is why we are having this discussion on a Microsoft message board.

SP2 got a bad rap because Network Admins rolled it out on their network without testing.. Unfortunately, enhancements in network security means more complex communications between clients and servers.. so it makes sense just throw it on every computer right.. I tested SP2 for more than a month and after finding what I needed to fix, I rolled it out.

Anyways.. there is my rant.. you guys can keep on using your unpatched windows and your more secure firefox, cause that is what makes sense